Sammy Dawn ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STU (CA) chapter.

Our Campus Cutie for this week is the very cute Sammy Dawn! This second-year STUdent single, and definitely knows her Kpop!

Major:

English with a minor in sociology

Hometown:

Fredericton, NB

Relationship status:

Single

What are your interests?

My interests are writing creative stories or poetry, and swimming. I also enjoy going to the park despite allergies, because it’s amazing to be surrounded by nature, especially beautiful flowers.

If you could make one mythical animal come to life, what one would it be?

I don’t really know, I enjoy all living creatures already; however a unicorn would be pretty cool seeing as I have a couple friends who would like to see it.

What’s your favourite song right now?

Right now my favorite song is Winner’s “Color Ring.” It’s a ballad composed by the members, which is quite rare for Kpop artists to do themselves. One thing I really enjoy about the song however is that Seunghoon, the rapper, had sung in the song and did it well, no one said he could sing or rap when he first began his journey to become a singer.

Describe yourself in three words:

Shy, entertaining, and joyful.

What’s the first thing you notice about a person?

The first thing I notice about a person is how they treat others, because if they respect me and treat me with kindness I will then respect them and treat them with kindness as well.

You’ve mentioned your love for Kpop – who’s your favourite Kpop artist?

My favorite Kpop artist is Kim Minseok, who also goes by his stage name Xiumin in the group EXO. He is my favorite member because he’s an inspiration to me. At the beginning of his career he was harassed by fans who claimed he didn’t belong in the group because he had less talent and was fat, so he wasn’t as appealing to the eyes. However I thought he was amazing despite what others had to say; his voice was different and he had a shy disposition to him that reminded me of myself. In a year he had conquered his problems and was stronger than ever and fans began to love him. Honestly, he’s the reason why I began to love myself, because he taught me that even when things seem hard you can rise up and be better than ever, no matter what others say, because the only one to tell you who you are is yourself. He taught me to be me, and I am grateful to him for that.

Who’s your celebrity crush?

My celebrity crush would have to be Chanyeol from EXO. He’s tall, hilarious, and sweet as heck, but also has an amazing singing and rapping voice. His best charm is that he’s so tall that his dancing looks awkward.

What’s your favourite thing about Christmas?

My favorite thing about Christmas is being on vacation. It gives me a chance to relax, wind down from the stress of school and truly appreciate what it means to be with family, books, and Kpop Christmas songs.

2nd year student at STU! I love to write, watch movies, listen to Kpop, be with friends and shop! I am currently studying Journalism.