Jordan Allen ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STU (CA) chapter.

This week’s Cutie is third-year student Jordan Allen.  Jordan is an Anthropology major – he’s also minoring in Spanish, and considering a double major in Criminology (how’s that for multi-tasking?).  He’s a Fredericton guy through and through, and plays for the men’s rugby team.  As for his relationship status?  Sorry ladies, he’s taken!

We picked Jordan’s brain for a Q & A – here’s what he had to say:

If you could jump into a giant bowl of anything, what would it be and why?

Menchies [ice cream], ‘cause I love ice cream.

What are your favourite activities?

I love being outdoors and in nature, like boating, hiking, camping, or even just hanging out outside. My favorite thing to do is traveling and seeing new places.

Do you have any pets?

Yes, I have a Boston terrier, named Bailey, and two cats: Sam and Kheer.

Do you think humans could peacefully live alongside dinosaurs?

I’ve seen Jurassic Park, I’ll pass.

What’s the heaviest thing you can lift?

My cat, Kheer.

What was the last really good movie you watched?

I recently saw The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, I liked the scenery and his aspiration to just go and do it.

Do you have a secret talent?

I taught myself to play guitar from watching YouTube videos.

So, we all talk to ourselves from time-to-time (usually not in public). What do you usually talk to yourself about?

Oh wow, I often catch myself doing this; it is normally about absolutely nothing, most of the time it is when I am driving.

Do you have any pet peeves?

People who are late, I can’t stand it.

What is your favourite thing to do on a lazy Sunday?

Watch some TV, hang out and eat delicious food, think about doing homework. In the summer I like to just sit by the pool and be outside.

How much would it cost to buy your love?

You would have to ask my girlfriend.

How did you meet your girlfriend?

We went to high school together, and started hanging out through a mutual friend and we really clicked, we have been together for 3 ½ years, and are best friends.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

No, but I believe people can have a really strong attraction for each other which can quickly turn into love.

What was the last thing that made you really, really happy?

Probably seeing my brother, sister, and the whole family together for the holidays, but nothing brings a bigger smile to my face then hanging out with my girlfriend sharing a pizza. [insert grin here]

What was your best travel experience? Where do you hope to go next?

I did an exchange to Costa Rica in high school for four months, and it was the best experience of my life. I think about it every day. If I could go anywhere tomorrow, it would be back to Costa Rica

Thinking back through your whole life, what was your proudest moment?

I would say I have two proudest moments, the first would be seeing my brother play his first NHL game, and the second would be that I actually came to University, because that was not my plan out of high school. The next will be to finish! [laughs]

Nickname: DJFrom: Hartford, CT, USAUniversity: St. Thomas University, Fredericton, New Brunswick, CanadaMajor: Communications, CriminologyMinor: English LiteratureHobbies: Homework Volunteering, Online-Window Shopping