Valentines Day: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

Valentines Day is an awkward time of year no matter who you are, whether you are in a relationship or not. This is quite an extreme statement some of you may say, well yes! Everyone here at HC Strath would agree with you! However, what we realised was that there is just so much hype and expectation that surrounds Valentines Day. A day that should be spent spending time with those you love and showing them that you care for them, has just become a bit awkward! So we will take you through the good, the bad and the ugly so you know what to expect!

The Good!

If you happen to be in a relationship that fantastic, this holiday is not as awkward for you as it is everyone else. It is finally completely acceptable to be kissing in the escalator, plus, this is the one time of the year where no one can get annoyed at for being a bit OTD out in public.

If you are not in relationship this is still a great holiday as you can spend time with your friends and it gives you a good excuse to go out and meet people.

The Bad!

The down side to Valentines Day, is although cards these days are getting more inventive and starting to take into account the different relationships that people are in [see Campus Features article], they still don’t say what you want them to say. Making it extremely difficult to find a card that meets your needs.

The Ugly!

Valentines Day just gets plain ugly by the end of the night and awards as you feel you are interrupting every couples space!

Whatever way you decide to spend Valentines Day, make sure you spend it with the ones you love!  

Photo Credits: 

cchunterbooks.com

tumblr.com

listverse.com

I'm Charlotte! I'm studying Politics and Journalism & Creative Writing at The University of Strathclyde. I enjoy going to concerts, comedy clubs, reading dystopian novels and partying with friends.