HC Strath Campus Celebrity: Lisa Higgins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

This weeks campus celebrity is… Miss Lisa Higgins! She was the campus correspondent for HC Strath last semester and thought it was an invaluable experience! Let’s get to know a little more about her!

Q: Hi Lisa, what course are you on at Strathclyde and what year of study are you in?

A: I study business with majors in management and marketing and I am in my 2nd year now, which is very scary!

Q: How did you first get involved with HC Strath?

A: I met Nina, who previously ran the chapter, and began writing blogs for the site! Then, she graduated from Strathclyde and passed her leadership onto me. I thoroughly enjoyed my time managing the chapter as it really tested and improved my leadership skills!

Q: What tips do you have for balancing university work, with job commitments and commitments to societies such as HC Strath?

A: Be organised, I particularly love using calendar apps to arrange all of my commitments, appointments and deadlines to ensure I keep track of everything. Also, a good work life balance is key, I recommend taking some time to relax to feel rejuvenated and refreshed!

Q: What would you say are the three main qualities of excellent contributors to the chapter?

A: Creativity, dedication and originality.

Make sure to follow HC Strath on Instagram @hercampusstrath and on Twitter @HerCampusStrath and like our Facebook page for daily updates! 

Hi, my name is Caitlin and I am a third year BA (Hons) International Business student currently majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am a lover of all things beauty and makeup related and in my spare time I love to read fashion and beauty blogs to keep up with the latest trends. I am also a keen traveller, having spent 4 months studying in Montreal, Canada last year which was the best experience of my life to date!