Have you #nomakeupselfie?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

The #nomakeupselfie has taken social media sites by storm within the last few days. Many women have taken to post on their page a selfie without any makeup on to raise awareness for cancer research.

Cancer Research UK state that although Cancer Research UK has received more than 800,000 text donations since it began sharing the text code for donating on its Facebook and Twitter pages. However the #nomakeupselfie Twitter trend isn’t something Cancer Research UK started – but it’s been fantastic to see so many people getting involved to help raise awareness of cancer amongst their friends and family”. However so far the campaign has raised over £1 million in donations.

The campaign has also received support from men as many has been seen getting involved by posting make-up selfies on their own social media accounts.

Critics of the campaign however have called it narcissistic!

Whatever your views surly giving money to a good cause is not a bad thing no matter how you tell others about it? 

Photo Credit:

www.thedrum.com

www.standard.co.uk