9 pictures showing we all relate to Bridget Jones in some way…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Strath chapter.

We all know her and we all love her, Bridget Jones is the inspiration every college girl needs on a bad day, when her love life has gone down the drain, when she’s gained a significant amount of weight or maybe just when everything seems to be going wrong…LIKE SERIOUSLY EVERYTHING! But while we may all laugh at her life, we may thank god that we are so much more sophisticated than her and have so much more luck in love this article will show you that all of us girls have a bit of Bridget Jones-ness in our blood and it’s something to actually celebrate…

1. 

We know the feeling…all of your friends are in those “oh so cringe worthy relationships” and then its just you…wrapped up in a massive blanket in your bed wondering what the hell is wrong with me….I mean some  bed therapy is all us college girls ned sometimes!

2.  

Who hasn’t choose vodka over a boy…I do it practically every weekend…it’s the easiest solution, get so drunk, do some drunk texting, kiss some frogs…oh wait maybe it’s not the easiest solution…*changes name to Bridget * 

3.  

Lets not pretend Bridget does this when she just gets dumped…most of us probably do it every other weekend while everyone else is out doing all that cute relationship stuff….*cue being sick * Lets be honest is any boy going to bring you as much pleasure as ice cream…somehow I think not! This is the best kind of spooning who needs the one that involves a bed

4. 

We all know the pain of it…awkwardly trying to get changed in front of someone so they don’t have to experience your self-conscious “wobbly bits”…especially if it’s Colin Firth lying in your bed… or is that just me that has that man crush? 

5. 

I’m sure we have all felt like this over a boy in our time, but maybe Bridget is the only one to get up and sing it in front of absolutely everyone…no regrets I’m sure

6. 

We have all been here lets admit it girls…the struggle between looking skinny in a tight dress and wearing massive pants but having the possibility that someone might actually be seeing them later or wearing the teeniest, most uncomfortable pants ever, that don’t hold in anything and are just a total waste of time if no one does see them later…Boys have it so lucky 

7.

We have all tried this one. No drinking this month, I’m only have one drink tonight…Let’s face it girls, this isn’t ever going to happen! Look at the pain in her face we can all see you don’t want to do it Bridget! 

8.

Gosh boys are so insensitive and they can make us feel stupid so we can definitely all relate to Bridget here! 

9. 

We have all said something we regret…most of the time it isn’t just one thing! 

After this article every girl should be running out to the shops buying vodka, buying some MASSIVE pants and finding herself a boyfriend like Colin Firth (in my dreams)! Now that we all realize we are all a bit like her we may as well just embrace it! After all she ends up happy….