This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Your Fall 2020 Watchlist 

Throughout quarantine, everyone has binged possibly every show on Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and Amazon Prime collectively. The extra time allowed everyone to find their new favorite movies and binge-worthy shows. With the pandemic underway, shows and movies have not been in production with release dates continually being pushed back; new content is hard to find. This is your guide for all the new tv shows and movies to watch during fall 2020 as we wait for other shows to come back into production. There are more shows and movies that are not included in this particular list, but make sure to check out the links below for more shows and movies coming this fall! Here are some notable shows and movies on my fall 2020 watchlist. 

TV Shows 

1. Dancing with the Stars (ABC, already airing) 

Dancing with the Stars is your weekly Monday binge. Dancing with Stars has a star-studded cast with Skai Jackson (Disney), Carol Baskins (Tiger King), Kaitlyn Bristowe (The Bachelorette), and many more. The show is practically the same just with some social distancing rules and no live audience in the studio when the couples dance. However, the show will bring you and your friends together after a long Monday as you get to watch the stars bring it to the dance floor for its 29th season. This will give you something to look forward to every Monday night. 

1. The Bachelorette (ABC, 10/13) 

The Bachelorette airs on Tuesday nights this fall on ABC. The Bachelorette is usually on during the spring, but due to the pandemic, it will air this fall. Clare Crawley is our bachelorette who has been on the show four times before, including The Bachelor, Bachelor in Paradise, and The Bachelor: Winter Games. The show will look different because there are no extravagant dates and trips outside of the country. The men and Clare will all stay in the “bachelor bubble”, a resort in California where the dates will take place. This show will be the Tuesday night event you and all your friends will look forward to as we go on Clare (and Tayshia)’s journey to find love. The drama and the love story are guaranteed this season by Bachelor producers, especially if the format of the show will change with possibly two bachelorettes this season. 

1. Emily in Paris (Netflix, 10/2) 

This Netflix show starring Lily Collins follows her character as she gets her dream job in Paris, France. There is romance, comedy, and adventure as we follow Emily navigating her new job and relationships in the city of love. The trailer shows the fashion that is comparable to the high-end fashion that all Gossip Girl fans will approve of. This show has all the Netflix components that fans of Gossip Girl, Sex and the City, and Gilmore Girls will love. 

1. The Haunting of Bly Manor (Netflix, 10/9) 

The Haunting of Bly Manor is the creepiest show that will certainly make you feel that it is the fall season with Halloween on the way. The show is set in 1980s England and follows Henry Wingrave who hires a nanny to care for his orphaned niece and nephew. It is deemed to be scarier than The Haunting of Hill House and will not contain any connections to the content of this show, but it is a follow-up series. The trailer depicts frightening graphics that will truly make you excited about the upcoming spooky season. If you like horror and the show American Horror Story this pick is great for you. 

1. The Mandalorian Season 2 (Disney+, 10/30)

The Mandalorian season 2 will come to Disney+ at the end of October giving all Star Wars and Baby Yoda fans the fix they’ve been waiting for. The first season was highly watched on Disney+ and has a very large fanbase. The second season will not disappoint because there will be higher stakes, more action, and of course, more Baby Yoda. The Mandalorian will continue to protect Baby Yoda and go across the galaxy for more adventures. If you haven’t watched the first season yet, it is the perfect time to start while waiting for the second season to drop. The characters, plot, and special effects make it a show well worth watching. You do not need to be fans of the Star Wars movies to enjoy this show. 

1. Grey’s Anatomy (Season 17) and Station 19 (Season 4) (ABC, 11/12)

This double premiere will bring back TGIT night to ABC. Station 19 will have their season 4 premiere followed by a two-hour-long premiere of Grey’s Anatomy season 17. Both seasons were cut short due to the pandemic and did not finish filming their prior seasons. This means there will be more content and more episodes going into the new seasons. Both shows are both being awaited anxiously by fans as both will tackle COVID-19, and tell the stories of the people on the front lines of the pandemic, and the ones who are directly affected by the virus. Grey’s Anatomy has always surprised fans and this season is highly anticipated by how the show will tackle such a serious topic, one that is still affecting people in their day-to-day lives. The show has promised that it will tell the stories with the purpose of honoring the patients and frontline workers, but also give the viewers the comedy and romance the show delivers as always. It will be very interesting to see how these shows depict the virus, and what the reactions of the fans will be. 

1. This Is Us Season 5 (NBC, 11/10) 

This Is Us will be returning this fall with its Tuesday night time slot as usual. The season 4 finale left fans with more questions than answers. The finale fractured the Big Three,  and fans have been anxiously awaiting what the writers will come up with for the new season. The producers of the show have already said that the show will incorporate COVID-19 into the plot too. They want to portray the reality we are living to the fullest degree, and how our favorite characters will react to it. By adding this to the plot, it has not changed the writers’ plan to have a six-season arc for the show. The Black Lives Matter movement will also be written into the show too. This Is Us always delivers the drama, comedy, and family complications that everyone loves to see. This will be another season that will not fail to disappoint. 

Movies 

1. Enola Holmes (Netflix, 9/23) 

Enola Holmes is a new Netflix movie starring Millie Bobby Brown (Stranger Things), Sam Claflin (The Hunger Games, Me Before You), and Henry Cavill (The Witcher, Man of Steel). It is a mystery with comedic elements as the sister of Sherlock Holmes, Brown’s character, searches for her missing mother. With the cast and plot, this movie will definitely take you away from reality. Enola Holmes is a strong independent girl who will stop at nothing to find her mother. The trailer depicts lots of adventure, comedy, action, and possibly some romance for Holmes’ character. It will be very interesting to see a new perspective of the Sherlock Holmes family by following the younger sister. This will surely be the next big Netflix hit. 

1. Hubie Halloween (Netflix, 10/7) 

This comedic Halloween movie stars Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Noah Schnapp, Rob Schnieder, Julie Bowen, China Anne McClain, Peyton List, and more. It is a Happy Madison film, so it will bring all the humor that all other Adam Sandler films bring. It takes place in Salem, Massachusetts where the eccentric town investigates a real murder. The movie has to make everyone’s Halloween movie watchlist this fall to get into the spooky spirit. This is the perfect movie for my friends to watch as we eat all our Halloween candy. 

1. The Devil All The Time (Netflix, already out) 

Tom Holland’s new drama has been on my list and needs to be on yours. The cast includes Tom Holland, Robert Pattinson, Bill Skarsgard, and Sebastian Stan. This R-rated movie follows Holland’s character in a sinister and corrupt southern town of post-World-War II. This movie will be your introduction into the spooky, dramatic, horror films of the season. Tom Holland’s southern accent and portrayal push his acting career to another level that will separate his career from only known for playing Spider-Man. This drama does have graphic scenes and language. The themes of religion, conspiracies, and complex characters are the backdrop for this movie.  

1. Black Widow (movie theaters, 11/6) 

Due to the pandemic, Black Widow’s release date has gotten pushed back several times until the movie theaters have been safe to reopen. This action-packed film was made for the big screen and Disney wants fans to see it in all its glory. Black Widow follows Natasha Romanova as a freelance operative during her time away from the Avengers. Fans have been anticipating the superhero’s solo film for some time now. However, it will not be surprising if Disney pushes back the release date once again until more citizens feel safe and comfortable to go to the movie theater. Until then, this should be a movie on the watchlist of every superhero movie fan. Wonder Woman: 1984 is another highly anticipated superhero movie that has been pushed back for a Christmas Day release because of similar reasons because of the pandemic. 

1. After We Collided (movie theaters, 10/23) 

After We Collided is the sequel to the hit After that follows Hardin and Tessa’s teen romance. After is the first movie in this series and did very well, but book fans were disappointed because it strayed from the book’s plot. However, with a new R-rating for this movie fans have been pleasantly surprised to see the movie truly reflect the books and their characters. The romance and the drama are all there for the film. The film has already been released internationally, so fans’ reviews have been very positive and have encouraged American fans to see it when it’s released. It was just recently announced that there will be two more movies in the After series to complete it. The author, Anna Todd, has two more books that will be adapted and filmed soon with the author coming back to write the script as she did for After We Collided. Fans of the first movie and the book series will love the sequel. If you are looking for a romantic movie to take you away from reality, then this is the film for you. You can watch After on Netflix now before the release of the sequel. 

I hope you enjoy some of my top picks for everyone’s fall 2020 watchlist! Check out the links below for more movies and tv shows coming this fall! 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/best-new-returning-tv-shows-fall-2020

https://time.com/5885694/fall-movies-2020/

Marisa Silk

Stonehill '24

Marisa Silk is a senior at Stonehill College studying English and Secondary Education. Marisa is the Stonehill Her Campus Chapter's Senior Editor. Marisa is from Norwood, MA. Her interests include reading, writing, watching tv, and listening to Taylor Swift. After college, Marisa wants to be a high school English teacher, while also writing professionally. Marisa hopes to share her love of reading, writing, television, and experiences with the rest of Her Campus readers.