This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

“Wicked”

The untold backstory of the Wizard of Oz tells us the story of how the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda came to be – an absolutely amazing story and a must see for all Broadway enthusiastic.

As much as I would love to be talking about that wonderfully enticing musical, this article is meant for me to vent about the words that you Massachusetts people use. I understand that I am in New England territory and I have to respect that (#freebrady) but honestly the word “wicked” is one of those words that doesn’t settle well with me. When I first moved in last fall and started to immerse myself in this wonderful culture here – I started to realize the use of the obscure word “wicked” and what it meant. It was honestly so confusing and I didn’t like it. SO WHY IS THIS WORD A THING???

It’s wicked hot out.

This sandwich is wicked good.

That test was wicked hard.

There are so many other words that could be used, like “a lot”, “very”, or even “really”. I am proposing a movement… the #stopwicked movement. Let’s all work together to implement the use of the English language.

*** This article is not meant to hurt the opinions of my fellow massholes.

Love you all xoxo L

Kassie is currently a junior studying marketing at Stoneill College. She loves green tea, popcorn and her dog, Pumpkin.