Stonehill Takes on Rival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Throw on all the purple in your closet, grab a rally towel and get to Merkert this Saturday, as the Stonehill women’s and men’s basketball teams face their biggest rival: Bentley.

It is the last regular season home game for both the men and women, and the teams will be honoring their seniors for their four years of dedication. There will surely be electricity in the air, particularly during the women’s 1:30 game, as the Skyhawks and Falcons are the top two teams in the NE-10. The Falcons, who are currently 24-0 are also ranked number one in the country in Division II.

The Skyhawks, who are led by junior captains Asia Ewing and Mary Louise Dixon, are currently 21-3 and ranked #14 in the country, the highest in recent memory.

The men’s game, which begins at 3:30, will feature seniors Brian Hamor, Raheem May-Thompson, Sam Markle and Adam Fazzini leading the 11-13 Skyhawks. The 9-15 Falcons last played Stonehill in December, defeating them 73-66, so this game is sure to be filled with excitement.  Be sure to get there early, as there should be plenty of giveaways and free items before the game.

Kate McCarthy is  a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. She is a Communications major and a journalism minor. Although she does not know what she wants to do when she graduates, her dream job is having her own talk show and becoming a one woman sensation, like Oprah. At Stonehill, you can find her  winning championships with her intramural basketball team, swimming laps in O'Hara Pond or reading James Patterson novels in the cafeteria. After a semester studying abroad in the Czech Republic, her main goal in life is to travel the world. She is currently interning in Los Angeles, at the Queen Latifah show.