Late Night with James and Fritzy!!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Late Night with Drunky and Fritzy

If you were to walk into Cascino Hall on a Saturday night (more like Sunday morning) you will hear laughter, and lots of it. The reason being: Drunky and Fritzy—the newest duo to hit the comedy scene. Late Night with Drunky and Fritzy has only been on the air for a few weeks now, but they have only had great reviews. The show so far has only one producer, Jenna Gilman, who records the show on her Droid, which happens to have the video camera capability of a 1970s digital camera. BUT do not let that turn you away from the hilariousness of the show; it only enhances its authenticity as a late night show, giving it its own personal spin.  Annie Sweeney had the chance to sit down with these up and coming stars and talk about all things late night. Lets see what hosts Erin Fritz (Fritzy) and James Miller (Drunky) have to say:

What has been your biggest inspiration so far?

James: I think our biggest inspiration was to provide some late night inspiration for people around the country for maybe some people that had a couple of beers in them who like to laugh lightly. (He talked for about 10 more minutes).

So, to sum it up in a word, laughter.

Do you see this going to the big screen?

James: Fritzy, you can touch upon this one first but I have some strong points about it. I don’t think it’s a question of if, but a question of when. (talked again for about 10 minutes). I think if we get the right eyes on that snapchat were going to have that big break one day whether its this month, this year or next year.

Erin plans on coming back some Saturday Night’s after she graduates to keep this going

What has been your favorite skit so far?

Erin: Mine was definitely the bachelor episode!

James: **cutting Erin off** Yeah I liked the bachelor; I really threw a wrench in everybody when I picked the scooter. But my favorite was probably the first episode; it’s like taking your first steps. It was very candid and on the spot it. Just Firtzy and Jimmy on the big comfy couch.

How do you decide who should be on late night?

Erin: Its usually whoever ends up in the suite. We have had a lot of people request to be on the show and were all for it, but it just ends up being whoever is in the room at the time.

James: Yeah we try to have a cast list but we never really stick to it. We can’t control these wild animals on campus!

If you could be a fruit, what would you pick? And why?

James: I would like to be an apple, a Macintosh apple for two reasons…

Erin: You look like a Macintosh apple.

James: First, I think that they are the best tasting apples; they are my favorite snack. Secondly, I would love to have the same success at the figurative Macintosh Apple has had.

Erin: A pear.

Erin, how do you feel when James takes over the show every night?

James: I’m sorry it’s a habit; I have a lot to say…

Erin: Honestly, it always ends up being successful, its what works!

James: It’s really a tag team effort. I think Fritzy may get overshadowed a little bit by the guest of the night, we always try to switch up who asks the questions, I do open and close it, but Fritzy is always right by my side.

…As you can see James really likes to talk

How do you feel about the new t-shirts?

Erin: I’m a big fan, I love the back, I love the catch phrase! (Oh, this old thing?)

James: I think it exemplifies who we are. We hope to have 60% of campus wearing our t-shirts soon.

Keep your eye out for the app too, coming soon!

What is your reaction to how the show has taken off?

Erin: You know its all been a blur!

James: Yeah, definitely a blur for two reasons. One we’re drunk when it happens so it is a blur. And it has all happened so fast I can’t imagine where were going to be in a year. I can see us going up against Jimmy Fallon one day.

How does it feel when you have the little hand on your big hand?

James: I think it’s a power move, you just know you’re in control of the room when you have two hands on your hand. It’s the best feeling when you point at someone with a mini hand on your index finger.

If you could paint the fingernails on the little hand, what color would you paint them?

Erin: I would go with Essie’s Chinchilly color!

James: Yellow.

Jenna, have you ever thought of upgrading your phone?

Jenna: Yes! I have big things planned for 2016!

Jenna, who is funnier, Erin or James?

Jenna: They both add something to the show that neither one of them could replace!

There you have it, folks. As an avid watcher of SNL, late night shows, and comedy TV, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed. Drunky and Fritzy has everything you need in a late night show: memorable guests, funny jokes, and great hosts, OH and a tiny hand. If you want in on all the laughter follow Jenna Gilman on Snapchat. Don’t miss this opportunity to see them while they are still starting off!!

Annie Sweeney

Stonehill '18

.