Style

Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

I know it’s hard to believe, but it is almost the end of the year, and Halloween is upon us. If you spaced on the fact that it’s in (less than) a week, don’t worry I’ve got you covered. Whether you haven’t picked out a costume at all yet, or you have just decided to go out multiple days and need an extra costume. Here are 10 cute, affordable last minute Halloween costume ideas:

1. Fairy— I know everyone is always doing this, but it’s still a great idea to either do it solo or with friends.  

2. Pirate— This is really cute idea! You can dress up this look with various jewelry and a smokey eye!

3. Cowgirl— I’ve done this exact costume before. Just grab a flannel and a cowgirl hat! Also, if you get sparkly tights, it makes all the difference!

4. Angel/Devil— You could do either, and then have a friend be the other one! 

5. Astronaut— This is a silver outfit and can be paired with some white/silver boots! 

6. One of the Disney princesses— Pick your favorite Disney princess and dress like her!

7. Sharpay Evans — A white top, jean shorts, a pink cover up, and some sunglasses! This is a really easy look to do.

8. Alien— This starts with anything silver and a little headband from Amazon works perfectly.

9. Princess Diaries— I’ve seen this all over TikTok and it looks amazing. I wish I thought of it myself to be honest.

10. Playboy Bunny— This is an overdone look, but it is really simple and turns out better than expected.

I hope these costumes are helpful last-minute ideas! Happy Halloween! 

Tiana Frias

Stonehill '25

Tiana is a junior at Stonehill College and is from New Bedford, Massachusetts. She is majoring in English and plans to work in publications in the future. In her free time Tiana is usually reading at the beach, hitting the gym or hanging with her dogs!