Life > Academics

I Asked my Friends for their Favorite Finals Tips: Here are the Results

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Queue the tears, finals season is quickly approaching.  Over the past few years, I have discovered the tips and tricks that help me the most while I’m studying, so I thought it might be helpful to ask my friends what their favorite finals tips are. Here are the results:

• (My tip!) Give yourself intentional breaks. I used to always get so sidetracked while studying and felt guilty for not staying on task. I’ve learned that giving yourself intentional breaks to not focus on studying helps way more than simply procrastinating your work.
  • Utilize Quizlet for on-the-go studying.
  • Treat yourself to your favorite snack or drink while you study for motivation.
  • Start studying a couple of days in advance and tackle small sections of information at a time.
  • Make a time-lapse video while you study!  This way you won’t be tempted to use your phone, and you get a super satisfying video when you’re done.
  • Though it’s tempting, try and study somewhere that is not your bed.
  • Plan out what studying/work needs to be done each day so you aren’t overloading yourself at any point.
  • Create your own study guide!  This will help you pick out important information that you should focus on.
  • Make sure to study for the style of the exam, whether it’s multiple-choice, essays, etc.
  • Yoga and sleep!
  • Make sure you aren’t studying when you should be sleeping.
Megan Swezey

Stonehill '24

Meg is currently a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. Aside from writing, she has equal obsessions with dancing, hiking, sushi, jean jackets, Spotify playlists, and her two cute pups. Peace out!