This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Halfway through college… When did this happen? It seems like just yesterday I was celebrating with my friends and family at my high school graduation party. When people say college flies, they really aren’t lying. It sounds cliche, but these two years have been the quickest years of my life. Reaching the halfway checkpoint is a significant milestone in my academic and social career. I have a feeling of accomplishment, and as I reflect on my first and second years at Stonehill College, I am extremely thankful for how far I have come. 

I came into college as reliant on others. I relied on others for happiness and acceptance. I rarely did what I wanted because of the fear of judgment I held inside. I struggled with anxiety and felt like I was never enough. The friends I have made at Stonehill have undoubtedly changed me for the best. They have pushed me to be the best version of myself and taught me what it is like to love myself. I no longer feel like I need to please others, instead, I wake up every day and live my life for myself. I do what makes me happy, and spend time with those who care about me. I no longer have room for people who don’t appreciate me. My best friends at Stonehill are my sisters and lifesavers. I wouldn’t be who I am without them, and I am extremely lucky for the past two years I have spent with them. I can’t wait for two more, and then a lifetime together. I know I have found my bridesmaids, and I am forever grateful for how they have changed my life for the best. 

I have also made progress in figuring out what I want to do in life after college. I came into Stonehill thinking I was going to follow in my parents’ footsteps who were both successful business students at Babson College. I always looked up to them for being hardworking, diligent, and successful. Business school seemed like the perfect route for me, to be just like my parents. I started my freshman fall as a marketing major, and instantly knew it wasn’t for me. Math has never come easy to me, and I truly didn’t know what I was getting myself into. I was struggling so much and I knew that I had to do something about it. Luckily, I have supportive parents who realized I was struggling, so they helped me figure out what path I wanted to take. I decided to change my major and try out different electives Stonehill had to offer. I knew I always loved to write, so after taking an Intro to News Reporting class, I felt that I had found my place. Writing comes naturally to me, unlike math. I began to take the Journalism route at Stonehill and haven’t looked back or questioned it since. I’m striving to be a Sports News reporter, and I am finding success in my journey. I even just accepted my first internship, and I am officially a published writer. I am beyond proud of how far I have come with my academic journey, and I know I have many big things coming in my future. 

People say college is the quickest four years of your life, and I have to agree. My biggest piece of advice is to just live in the moment. You are only a carefree college kid for four years, so make the most of it. This mindset will change everything. I am beyond lucky that I chose Stonehill College, and I know that I can do anything I set my mind to.

Chloe Teller

Stonehill '25

Chloe Teller is a junior from Middleton, MA. She is studying Communications and Journalism. Chloe is the News Editor of the college paper, and hopes to go into Sports Journalism one day. She is on the college Dance Company, enjoys hanging with family and friends, and spending summers at the beach!