Life > Experiences

Eight Fall Activities to Start Your Season Off Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Go to a farm to pick apples 

Apple picking holds a special sentimental place in my heart because my family has gone every year since I was very young.

Spend time at a pumpkin patch 

I’m not sure why, but I always associate pumpkin patches with dogs, so I would like to go this year to see some furry friends. 

go to a corn maze

I would recommend going with friends to make the experience more fun (and so you don’t get lost alone lol).

put on a costume party

Get some friends to dress up in costumes together and have a fun party.

Go candle shopping

This is personally my favorite thing to do in the fall when my friends are busy. The best thing about shopping in general is that it can be done alone or with friends! Plus, there’s nothing quite like lighting a deliciously smelling candle on a crisp fall day.

Read a good book

I’ve recently gotten into the pleasure of reading again. My favorite book I’ve read is Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher. It tells the story of two lovers who wake up one morning with no memory of their lives whatsoever.

carve pumpkins

This is very simple and basic, but very fun. Plus, you get a cute decoration out of it! 

Haunted house gingerbread building contest

My roommates and I did this last year, and it was very simple, yet fun to do. We split into teams and see who built the best haunted house. We couldn’t decide, so we put up an Instagram poll to let other people decide.

Happy fall!

Amanda Craig

Stonehill '24

Amanda is a senior at Stonehill College majoring in psychology and minoring in communications. She enjoys spending time with her roommates, listening to alternative and indie music and going to the Cape with her family. She is a huge animal lover with a soft spot for cats. Fun fact: she can make bird noises!