kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

5 Healthy Snacks to Eat In Between Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

The start of the semester can be extremely stressful.  Balancing classes, clubs, and whatever else is on our plate, it can be hard to find time to eat. Eating a quick snack in between class can boost your energy and help you focus. Most of the time its super easy to grab a bag of chips or have a cookie but that’s not the healthiest option. There are so many healthy alternatives that you can eat. Here are 5 of my favorite healthy snacks that I love to eat in between classes.

1. Banana & Peanut Butter

I try to stay away from snacks that need to be refrigerated so I can just grab it out of my backpack whenever. My first favorite healthy snack is peanut butter and a banana. It’s super convenient to eat and tastes delicious!

1. Granola Bars

Granola bars are another popular healthy snack, but my favorite is Fiberfull filled oats with peanut butter from trader joes. They are great for fiber intake!

1. Chick Peas

You can satisfy your crunch craving with delectably roasted chickpeas and get them in any flavor that is appetizing to you.

1. Dried Fruit

Since we are staying away from refrigerated snacks, it’s hard to keep fresh fruit in your bag. So, a great substitute is dried fruit! You can find any of your favorite fruit dried!

1. Popcorn

Finally, Skinny pop- or any bagged popcorn- is a great salty snack to have and you can buy them in bulk at Costco or BJ’s!

I hope you enjoy these snacks as much as I do!

Shannon Hughes

Stonehill '21

My name is Shannon Hughes! I'm a sophomore and I attend Stonehill College in Massachusetts. I'm on the lacrosse team and I'm a health science major. I love going to the beach and hanging out with friends!
Marissa Bazzano

Stonehill '20

Student at Stonehill College from Hartford Connecticut.