This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Okay ladies, hands up if you feel like life is just too much sometimes and you need to press the pause button on your busy schedule. I for one think that we all deserve a break! Here are four things that I do to de-stress and stay stane.

1. Read a book- Reading for pleasure is one of my favorite ways to take my mind off things and escape from stress. Right now I am reading “Twenty-Two: Letters to a Young Woman Searching for Meaning” by Allison Trowbridge. It is basically like reading a book from your best friend, guiding you through life… Definitely recommend!! 

2. Grab a coffee at the Beanery- The Beanery is the best place to sit with a friend, grab a coffee, and take a break from everything. Trust me I have spent HOURS people watching or venting about life with friends. 

3. Watch an episode of your favorite show- TV is always my go to when I need to relax and take my mind off things. Take a break from homework and watch an episode of your favorite show. Right now my go to show is Manifest. 

4. Treat yourself- Grab dinner out and go shopping with your friends. Get Town Spa pizza and cozy up to watch your favorite romantic comedy. Whatever it may be, always make time to treat yourself and recharge. 

Erika Sasso

Stonehill '19

Erika is a Marketing major with a double minor in Communications and Entrepreneurship from Grafton, Massachusetts. She loves coffee, travel, and all things events.
Marissa Bazzano

Stonehill '20

Student at Stonehill College from Hartford Connecticut.