19 Life Lessons I Learned in my 19 Years of Living

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

With my 20th birthday approaching this month, I wanted to reminisce on some of the lessons I have learned throughout my 19 years of life.

1. Do what you want. Don’t wait around for people.
  2. Enjoy being young, especially while it lasts.
  3. Family will always be there for you, so appreciate them. Tell your mom or dad that you love them.
  4. You will get through hard times and you will come out stronger.
  5. If you have money, spend it! Trust me there will be plenty of time in the future to save for retirement and boring things like that. Buy those concert tickets now!
  6. Take care of yourself first.
  7. Live your life to the fullest. What if there is no tomorrow?
  8. Stop looking forward to the next event or date. You are just wishing your life away rather than enjoying the small moments.
  9. Be grateful for what you have. You will come to realize many people have less and struggle.
  10. Talk to a stranger. You have nothing to lose.
  11. Go have lunch with your grandparents, they will appreciate it.
  12. Try new hobbies or jobs. It may turn out that you like one or are good at one.
  13. It is okay to not know where you are going or what you will be doing. You will eventually figure it out.
  14. Be kind to everyone. You never know what a person is struggling or battling with.
  15. Take care of the environment. The earth is our home.
  16. It is okay to be alone.
  17. Travel if you have the opportunity.
  18. Pay it forward. Complete a random act of kindness every now and then.
  19. You’re going to make mistakes and that is okay.
Kelly Lewis

Stonehill '22

Kelly Lewis is a campus correspondent for the Stonehill Chapter. She is a senior at Stonehill College studying Communication and Journalism. She is from Portsmouth, RI. Kelly's hobbies include writing, working out, watching Disney movies, baking, and attempting DIY projects from Pinterest. One of Kelly's favorite activities is going to the beach with her friends. In the future, Kelly hopes to travel and blog her experiences!