Under $50 Gift Guide for Everyone on Your List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

Tis the Season for gift giving! Holiday shopping is in full effect in many stores and that means it’s time to find the perfect present. Stuck on what to get someone close to you? (Been there, done that!) Here are some sweet gifts for your Mom, Dad, brother, sister, boyfriend, girlfriend, and your best friends!

Mom

Keepsake photo gift! Your mom will love a gift from the heart! This one lets you customize a beautiful picture with a sweet saying that showcases her favorite photos. Memories are most important to Mom. You can even get her a cell phone case made with your favorite photos. This is a gift that she will treasure for years to come!

Dad

Poker set! I know that my dad is terrified that he’s going to lose his sense as he ages. Poker is a skill game that requires deciding whether or not to bluff. It also takes a good amount of knowledge to weigh your choices. He loves to do things that make him use his brain. Plus, this is a fun and social game that doesn’t require any strenuous physical activity. Perfect for your old man!

Brother

Classic Converse sneakers! Let’s face it, some guys can be slightly impaired when it comes to fashion sense. To avoid another beat-up-flip-flops in the winter episode (trust me it happens) because they don’t have any “comfy shoes,” gift them a pair of Converse. Once broken in, these classics can be very comfortable, functional and in it for the long haul. Plus, they never go out of style (cue TSwift) and can last through the various physical activities your brother constantly is involved in. They even come in cute little ones for a baby bro! (awe!)

Sister

Flannel shirts! With chilly days coming, they will very much appreciate a comfy flannel shirt. Not to mention that they’re so versatile and also classic. Have an older sister? She’ll appreciate this timeless, long-lasting gift. Have a younger sister? She’ll be thankful you’re keeping her fashionable so she can be just like you!

Boyfriend

Puzzle keychain! Or, any key chain for that matter. There are a lot of professional engraving companies that make a sentimental and functional gift! I got a puzzle keychain ffor my boyfriend at Things Remembered. You can choose to put anything you want on it (but be careful, this is where they get you with prices rising based on how much you want on a keychain). Just started dating? Put a funny, but cute inside joke you guys have to remind him of the fun times you shared! Committed and exclusive? Put your names and the day you met with a romantic “I love you” in script! Bonus: they’ll always think of you when they take out their keys or wallet!

Girlfriend

A nice pair of shoes! You can literally never go wrong with a good pair of shoes for girls. Make sure they’re comfortable, but still look attractive. DSW has great sales and shoes. Wedges or flats are a good choice because they’re the most comfortable, in my humble opinion. Tell her she can wear them to a nice dinner you have planned. That will make her melt because you had an entire night set out for her!

Best Girl Friend

Scrapbook! Another meaningful, keepsake gift. A scrapbook is the perfect medium to showcase all your fun times together and a perfect place to keep those thousands of inside jokes you’ve made with each other. You can order a scrapbook with templates and fun stickers online then assemble the rest or you can go on a website like Shutterfly to virtually place pictures on a template then have it delivered. Your best friend is the one you have the most memories with, so why not preserve them using your creative side?

Best Guy Friend

Cards Against Humanity! This horribly fun game is perfect to get the guy friend that is honest with you no matter what. He’ll appreciate this “party game for horrible people,” he’s the one that you can always joke around with so why not make it a game? You know he’s not going to be offended by these, because you know he has much worse jokes. It’s the perfect, compact party game that has people laughing for hours!

Hi everyone! I'm Sarah and I'm studying to be an Occupational Therapist. Every since I was young I loved to read and write. University makes it a lot harder to get time in to do what I used to love but I always try to make time for it!
Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University