This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

Mercedes “Merci” Noble, from Vineland, NJ is an 18 year old freshman and soon to be social work major, whose warm heart and passionate speech make her ideal for our Profile section!

During the week, you can find her working in the school of Arts and Humanities, at Kumon’s Learning Center, or attending class. (What a good student!)

Merci has played five sports and her favorite color is blue. She’s a newly transitioned vegetarian on her way to veganism.

Her hobbies include Netflix (of course!), Geocaching (an app where you can go on super cool scavenger hunts across the world), hanging with her boyfriend, hiking (what a Stockton thing to say), and anything related to art.

As a musician, Merci plays four instruments and enjoys all types of music. Her favorite Jonas Brother is Nick (how typical) and favorite member of One Direction is Harry. *cue emotional hair flips and high notes* Currently, her favorite rapper is Kanye, while bands Sublime and Arctic Monkeys are also giving her major feels.

As a final few words of wisdom Merci says: “Success coincides with hardships.”

I'm a music-loving, afro-rocking, soul-searching, wanna-be adult that probably spends too much time on the internet. I think a good lipstick is the key to running the world and tea can solve any issues. Writing is the answer to all my problems. Follow my twitter @naijxsia!