This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

Thanksgiving break is gone and now we are back at campus for the last few weeks. We have entered the final stages of the semester (A semester that I know I am totally over). You are at the point where you just continue to count down, count down how many more episodes of Netflix you can watch before needing to write a paper, or how many 8 AM classes are left until you can sleep until it is dark outside. I am here to help you overcome finals week with these few tips.

Netflix: If you are free now, get it all out of your system; continue to watch Jessica Jones until you have to go to class. Watch some of your favorite episodes now so when you write that paper that is due Monday morning, you have something to reward yourself with.

Relax: There is a lot that you can do with relaxing. At Stockton there are many nature trails and lakes that I can go to, sometimes just a walk to clear your mind can be so beneficial. If it’s too cold for you to go outside there are many other things you can do as well. Such as, taking a nap, or a hot bath, drinking tea or hot cocoa. I also found meditation sites like thequietplaceproject.com and calm.com to help you relax the mind before entering finals week.

Set time aside for work: I know this is common knowledge but actually sit down and do work. Put together a schedule of when you will study for your physics exam and for how long. Time management is key, and time management is what will keep you from going insane during the last couple weeks at school.

Set time aside for friends: You also shouldn’t use the entire time to study. You are in college and if you plan things right you can still have a social life. Don’t feel like you need to stay in your room or in the library for all hours of the day, you will burn out quick and your finals will not be in your favor, so if your friends call you up for dinner or a drink at the bar don’t feel obligated to cancel, go out and enjoy your life, but do keep in mind you still have that paper to write. Make good choices and make the right choice.

Finals week can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. If you manage your time right and keep your health in check, finals week will come easy and you will do a good job on each and every one of them. I believe in you!

Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University