This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

It’s been three months. Three whole months of not hearing the word syllabus or learning about some foreign homework assignment that was due yesterday. And now, we’re back. Add/Drop period is over and we have to find a way to get back in the groove of the semester. For some of us, the groove is more like a song that’s moving too quickly for our own personal beat and for others, the song is playing too slowly and you feel like you have a lot of free time! For whatever song the semester is playing for you, here are some tips to stay on track after Summer.

1. Have a Plan

Courtesy: Emily Ley

Make your planner your lifeline. Write everything down in it. It’s so easy to forget things in college because you’re doing 8 thousand things at once. So, have a plan. It can be a tiny to-do list or a large scale outline of how you want things to go, but even having a plan makes going through the semester much easier.

2. Get Involved

The Get Involved Fair is September 20-21. Even if you’ve been at Stockton for years now, it’s never too late to get involved. Having a group of friends that share the same interests as you is something worthwhile while in college and that’s exactly what the fair is about: making connections and having fun. It’ll help you get back into the swing of things because now you have something to look forward to once a week and the people in your club can help to keep you motivated too.

3. Just Do It

Courtesy: Go Abroad

You wanted to study abroad? Go! Getting back into the motions shouldn’t be just about doing work! It’s about all of the things that make college great – including the opportunities. Found an internship you like? Go for it! Creating a routine and doing the things you want to do is always the best thing.

4. Happiness Matters

Sometimes you meet people in college and like them in the beginning and then, over time, feel like you need something new. It happens. If something or someone isn’t working for you and making it harder to adjust to “back to school,” make a move. Your happiness matters and it’s almost impossible to be focused and have fun if you’re constantly thinking about something that doesn’t make you happy.

There you have it! A couple of tips to make this Summer to Fall transition a little easier. Good luck, collegiettes!

I'm a music-loving, afro-rocking, soul-searching, wanna-be adult that probably spends too much time on the internet. I think a good lipstick is the key to running the world and tea can solve any issues. Writing is the answer to all my problems. Follow my twitter @naijxsia!
Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University