Her Campus Stockton Honors Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

Mothers take a considerable role in shaping who we are as collegiettes. They’ve inspired us to be the brilliant young women we are, surround us in love and encourage us to push ourselves for greatness. So this Mother’s Day, we wanted to share some special shout-outs to the marvelous women we get to call our mothers. Happy Mother’s Day!

Jasmine Norwood and her Mother

“‘Sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray.’ My mom calls me her sunshine and I just love it when she does because I can see the look in her eyes on how much she is so proud of me. She is my rock, my survivor and my supporter. I love her so much, without her I wouldn’t have been able to find my passion in dance. You give me strength to keep going because you never once quit on being my mother. Happy Mother’s Day to the light in my life.” 

Dolma Sherpa and her Mother

“My mom is my best friend. I know everyone says that about their moms, but when it comes to me and her, we’re inseparable. From people thinking we’re sisters to shopping until we drop, my mom makes every moment memorable. There’s never a dull moment with her and even if there is, she finds a way to make it memorable. My mom has become one of my greatest role models and I can never put into words how much she means to me! She always gives me the confidence to pursue my dreams and to never give up. Even when I’m at my lowest, I know she’ll be there with a cup of tea and a big hug. So here’s to the greatest mom out there! I love you, mommy! Happy Mother’s Day!”

Naijasia Thomas and her Mother

“My mom is my role model! She’s amazingly comforting, wonderful at all she does, and makes people happy! She’s inspired me to do things I’ve never even thought of and I know I can call on her for anything. Whether I’m happy or sad, I can call her up and she’s there to give me the best advice. She’s determined, beautiful, kind, funny, and a true wonder. She’s incredibly motivated to keep moving all the time and make opportunity for myself and my siblings. She does what makes her happy and that makes me happy as well! I know that I can always count on her to support my dreams (like going to London) and build my self esteem. I can’t even begin to describe the love I have for my mom, but I know it’s deep! Happy Mother’s Day!! We’re in this together, always.”

Byrianna Griffin and her Mother

“God trusted my mother enough to parent me. He knew she was the best one for the job. He knew her loving heart would be able to keep mines beating. He knew her words of wisdom would inspire me to want to write a never ending song. He knew her arms were strong enough to not only hug away all my fears, but to ‘punch the devil in the freaking face’ if she had to. He knew every test and trial she would face, she would overcome it and make sure I never had to go through what she did. If only I listen to her footsteps. Listen for which steps to take and which ones to not take. I will somehow succeed at being a Queen, because I was raised by a Queen. To the greatest woman to walk this earth, we are lucky to call you a mother, a daughter, a sister, a woman of God and a wife! Happy Mother’s Day, Mommy! Forever your Buddy.”

Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University