YOUR 2-WEEK COUNTDOWN TO BEING SPRINGBREAK PERFECT:The do’s and don’ts to feel and look amazing for one wild week of bikinis, partying, & boys!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Base tan
A couple weeks prior to spring break, be sure to get some healthy sun! We should be wearing some sort of SPF in our daily moisturizers regardless, so be sure to get outside and soak up some rays! Creating even the smallest bit of a base-tan will keep you on track to accomplishing that awesome spring break tan! No one wants to be a lobster their first day out in the sun and ruin the rest of the break!

Water

I can’t stress the importance of hydration! You should be downing bottles of water all day everyday, before, after, and during spring break! Not only will the sun dehydrate you, but the abundance of unhealthy foods and alcohol digested during break will as well. Not to mention, the water will keep your skin and complexion looking super healthy!

No Soda or Alcohol
This should be a given, but if you are unaware of this, soda and alcohol not only bloat you but also confuses your appetite which makes you want to eat more! Just don’t do it, not even diet soda.

Lots & Lots of Protein
Eggs, chicken, steak, and fish should be your go to breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals prior to spring break. These foods will easily fill you up and curve your appetite away from unhealthy snacking. These protein-rich food groups will also boost your immune system, which will be putting up a pretty big fight during your all day through late night partying habit on spring break!

Condition Your Hair & Body

You should always condition your hair before going out into the sun no matter what! 2 weeks prior to your full week out in the sun, start applying conditioning packs twice a week. You can get these packs at any hair salon and usually only cost a couple dollars. The sun combined with the salty ocean water will easily ruin your beautiful hair! As you’re conditioning your hair, be sure to condition your body too! The sun and salt water will have the same affect on your skin as it does your hair. Be sure to moisturize every morning, night, and even if you find sometime during your busy days! Trust me, it’s much more worth it to make time and moisturize now rather than ruining you hair and skin over break!

There are so many more ways to achieve your perfect spring break look, but these key ideas will definitely kick start you feeling and looking amazing! Prep ahead so all you have to worry about come the week of spring break is having a blast and making memories!