Lets Play a LOVE Game: Tips on how to Find the Perfect Guy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

The Game of Love

Entering college brings a surplus of new and exciting relationships where you’ll discover countless opportunities in the world of dating. Whether it’s the cutie who sits behind you in class, the shy quiet type that casually shares a coy smirk as you pass him in the quad, or the all-American jock you cant seem to take your eyes off of at the intramural fields, these crushes can be risky and can lead to potential mistakes in the game we call “love”. No matter what your goal may be first base or a homerun, heres some helpful tips that could potentially help your love life!

-Make em’ Work a Little!
Yes college is fun, but this is no excuse for you to let your guard down! Always remember classy is much more respected then being trashy, and giving the idea that your “open for business” won’t get you a boyfriend, only a bad reputation. Don’t hook up with every guy you meet. For a guy to respect you, set high standards for yourself and don’t make choices that wont conflict with the life you want and who you want to be with. Boys love the chase… and girl, YOU can run!

-Run, Kick, Score! And it’s a GOAL!
We all know that in order to achieve something great, setting goals is the best way to achieve them, so why would this change in the game of love? Know what you want and don’t settle until you find it! No matter how high your standards are, don’t let yourself fall short of your goal. Learn to say “NO”… its worth it, and YOUR worth it.

-Parties are Fun, but are NOT Dates!
The line to watch out for: “Why don’t you stop by tonight for a party”. This is NOT a date invitation. In guy terms this means “I’m too lazy to take you on a REAL date, so lets just chill at my dorm and whatever happens, happens”… Take things slowly and don’t automatically jump at the chance to hang out and drink with your crush. The good guys want to get to know the real you, and the infamous party line is one you should stay away from if your looking for a relationship. So put down your solo cup and strike up a conversation somewhere besides a frat house or a dorm room. Chances are, you’ll meet that special someone, or make a great friendship in the process.

-Honesty is the best policy… ALWAYS
If you’re not honest with the guy you like, chances are he won’t be honest with you either. As soon as you feel like your and your crush are more than friends, let him know what you want. If you are looking for a relationship, tell the truth. If he isn’t looking for one, don’t waste your time! Always remember if you don’t want to do anything you don’t have too! You have the power to make decisions, so make the right ones!

Be YOU and find YOUR Match 
Guys love a girl who can be authentic. Being true to yourself and not trying to act the way you think a man wants you to act will allow a man to really respect you for who you are. Men don’t need women to be like them to get respect; they need women to be like a woman. AND not to forget, who wants to be in a relationship where your constantly trying to impress your partner? IT’S EXHAUSTING and not worth your time. Find a guy who supports who you are and makes you the best “you”. No one is perfect, but if you find a guy that pushes you to be a better person, STICK WITH HIM.