Get Your Green On!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

With St. Patty’s Day right around the corner, I know many of you are wondering how to dress festive without going overboard leprechaun style. Well, I’m here to help. I’ll pick out some cute can’t- go-wrong wardrobe choices that will sure to bring you some extra luck!

First when picking out how to dress, you want to go very simple with the color green. Make it an accent color, not your main one. In doing this, choose either a dress that has green pinstripe like the Rag and Bone dress above. You want green to be your focal point color, too much can be drowning. Pair it up with either dark or light neutrals colors, such as navy or white. Also try to choose an outfit and just pair it with a green cardigan. Remember you are trying to show off that hint of green spirit, but you don’t want to have it override your whole appearance.

Next, the shoes. The best part about shoes is whether you are wearing green clothing or not, shoes with a hint of green can show off your St. Patty’s Day pep and not have you looking like a leprechaun. Just look at the cute Gucci Ophelie two-tone open-toe pump above! All over green shoes are perfect to wear for this day, however, make sure that your outfit has little to no green in order to highlight the boldness of your shoes! Heels or flats, you cannot go wrong!

In being a minimalist in wearing green on this holiday, accessories are the best way to highlight your St. Patrick’s Day enthusiasm! Try a Chanel shoulder bag in lime, not only does it speak Irish with the color, but you can never go wrong with this iconic designer. Also, jewelry is an amazing way to highlight your green spirit without being too flamboyant! Wearing a chunky necklace like the one shown above, Oscar de la Renta Chartreuse Resin, or a bold ring, like Roberto Coin Fireworks!

Don’t forget to think, when asking yourself the question “ Is this too much green?” more than likely it probably is. Otherwise, you are good to go for this festive day.

“May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks,
May your heart be as light as a song,
May each day bring you bright, happy hours,
That stay with you all the year long!”

Happy St. Patrick’s Day Everyone!

We want to know how you dressed up on the fun day, send us a picture or leave us a comment!!!