Fall in love with your nail polish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Fall is in the air ladies! It’s finally October and you can practically smell pumpkin spice latte everywhere you go. Now that summertime is finally ending, so are all of the summer beauty tips you have been living by for the past few months. That being said, new tips must be forming to correlate with the new season so you can look your absolute best this fall!

Walking around campus I’ve noticed many individuals are still using bright colors for their nail polish. Don’t get me wrong, I too love my bubble gum pink nail polish, but unfortunately it’s time to put that aside for next spring or summer. Because fall and winter are upon us, which means bring out the dark shades of polish!

However, I challenge all of you to think outside the box this dark shaded season of polish and use colors that you normally would never think of. Instead of using charcoal or dark grey, try navy blue instead! Navy blue is unpredictable and flattering on all skin tones. Also, instead of the classic red that most people use this season, try to find a red with a shiny orange twist. Essie nail polish has a fantastic one that they just came out with that I know would make the boys turn their heads this season!

You can also get creative and add a little glitter to your polish. I suggest getting a midnight blue color, then in a soft dabbing motion, apply some glitter polish on either your full nail or over the top two thirds of your nail bed. This will give your fall colors a little more pop and will make you look super fancy!

Also, if you are like me and are absolutely awful at applying nail polish to yourself (don’t be embarrassed majority of us are) then I suggest making a girls night out of it! In my personally experience, letting other people paint my nails or vice versus, always looks so much better in the outcome! So, get all your friends together, eat some pizza, watch some movies, talk about romance, and paint each others nails with fall colors! You will not only have a fantastic time with your friends but you will also look great the next day with your nails nicely polished!

So remember ladies, I know how hard it can be to let go of that summer pop of bright colors, but it’s time to realize that not only are pumpkin spice lattes coming back out but also that fall nail color that we all desperately need!