This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

We are getting to the final weeks of the semester! I don’t know about you, but I’m starting to feel the procrastination hit right about now. This is not a healthy idea as we are hoping to get good grades or at least keep up wiht the final quizzes, papers, research, etc, by the end of the semester. I did a little bit of research of how to stay far away from procrastination as much as possible and here is what I found.

Make A Schedule   

Pull out your planner, a notebook, your phone’s calendar! Start making an hourly schedule that provides you with a real time-set of things you have to do. Just by seeing it on your planner, you are more likely to do what your hourly calendar list has for you. 

Use Rewards As Incentives

You’ve been looking forward to buying a newer phone, but why would you do that if you haven’t been using your phone for useful purposes? This is where rewards would work great if you told yoruself to finish papers at a certain time. The feeling of accomplishment makes everyone feel better!

Start With The Hardest Job

If you know your math homework is going to take you the longest, than begin with that. Or if your philosophy quiz is going to be challenging, than start studying for that first. Whatever works best for you is what will make you feel most successful. 

Remove Yourself From Distractions

If you know your phone is going to be a distractoin, you should set it on silent or as far away from you. Everyone has different distractions, just make sure to stray away from these distractions while doing an assignment. 

Use Passion To Get You Ahead

When writing a paper for class, make sure you decide to write about something that actually interests you (if you’re able too). Don’t just select a topic because it’s easy, choose it because it will make you want to do it. 

Set Yourself To Success

If you believe you can, you will. You are your own cheerleader! When studying or doing homework, do not doubt yourself from what will be of the exam or grade. If you start your assignment with a positive mind, you will most likely receive a positive response!

Don’t let these last two months pass you by. Do everything you have to do on a timely manner. The more you do things right, the less stress you have. What are other ways you stay away from falling into procrastination?

Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.