ObviLux: Stanford Boyfriends Trying to Make Shopping More Social

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stanford chapter.

School is coming to a close, which means summer is starting. A new service called ObviLux arrived just in time to help you find and share that perfect new dress or amazing new bag you’ll be rocking for the next few months.

ObviLux is a social shopping community that makes it easy to find, save and share clothes and products with your friends. It was created by a few Stanford students looking to redesign the online shopping experience. One founder, Jess Lam said the inspiration came when, “we saw our girlfriends posting clothes they found while shopping on each other’s Facebook walls. It seemed like there could be a better way to share clothing while shopping. And we wanted to get the brands involved too.”

From there sprang ObviLux, striving  to connect individuals with the brands they love.

ObviLux makes it incredibly easy to save clothes to your own page using their “Lux It!” button that can simply be dragged and dropped onto your toolbar. Then when you find the perfect dress for summer you can Lux It so you’ll be able to find it later when you’re ready to purchase. The site also hosts other cool features like creating “style sets.” Users can group clothing together that fits a certain theme or would make a great outfit for a special occasion.

The most unique feature on ObviLux is the “store ambassador” title. As shoppers Lux items they earn points specific to the brands they are promoting most. The user who has earned the most points from a given store in the last 30 days will become the store ambassador, similar to 4-Square mayors. Partnering brands will reward the ObviLux store ambassadors with gift cards, merchandise and other promotional items.

So if you’re in search of some new looks for the summer or want to share some of your favorite finds, help these guys out and show them what’s in this season.