What Does Your Nail Polish Color Say About You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

You can find nail polish in almost every color you can think of. But, what does each color say about you?

Want a bold and glamourous look? If so, red is the color for you. Red brings out compassion and the boldness of a person. This color is perfect for your ultimate date night.

Orange nail polish is usually associated with presented a bubbly and cheerful person. Perfect for spring. This color is just a little pick-me-up signifying that the warm weather is right around the corner.

Green nail polish is a color that’s sometimes lost in the shuffle. While it may not be the color for everyone, it certainly provides a since of spunk!

While black may be a dark color it presents a good image for women. Black nail polish suggests that you are a strong person that doesn’t want to be messed with. Perfect to wear on Monday’s any week!

You can’t forget the color blue! While your heart may be blue during college, blue nail polish expresses the opposite! This lovely color is great for all occasions.

Purple is a perfect all year round color for your nails. With light purple colors it’s perfect for spring and maybe even summer, while dark purple is the perfect fall color. This nail polish color expresses confidence collectiveness.

Yellow is perfect for planned outfits containing bright colors. While most people don’t choose yellow nail polish as their number on choice, it still shines out clearly.

If you’re feeling extra girly, bright pink is perfect for you! This bright color brings out the best personality. Hot pink means summer’s here!

Nude nail polish is the best color if you’re trying to be classy for any special occasion.

French Manicures and white nail polish are known to be worn by glamourous ladies or very conservative and classy.

Anna Sowinski is a freshman at Saint Vincent College with a major in Management and a future minor in Operational Excellence. She is a member of the Saint Vincent Dance Team, Women in Business, and many other things. You could probably catch her at Panera or Starbucks with the 20 minuets of free time she has a day. Lip gloss in hand she plans to take on the world. Follow her on Instagram @anna_sowinski.
Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio