This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Spoof up your Halloween swag with these easy makeup ideas.

Before you start, run to your local drugstore to buy a creamy makeup set with multiple colors. Trust me, this will definitely be a life saver when starting these tutorials. They are super cheap and easy to find! Something like this would be great, with the help of either an eyeliner brush or wet makeup brush

$14.62 Imagic Brand                                                                        

Of course, this isn’t your only choice, and something similar would work in the same way. After creating your perfect spooktacular look, just set the makeup with a combination of powder and rose water setting spray. Garnier Skinactive Soothing Facial Mist ($6.96 at Walmart) would work well for long lasting results.

Alright! Now we’re ready to get started!

1. Candy Corn Queen

Image Credit: glaminati.com

For this look: First create an orange eyeshadow look with hues of yellow and orange. Make sure to also include an orange eyeshadow underneath the eye as well. Apply mascara and eyeshadow.

Next, use the black cream makeup to create a triangle from the corners of the eye to above the eyebrow, using the eyebrow as the brown section of the candy corn. Fill in the top with white, and the excess before the orange eyeshadow. Finally, create a jack-o-lantern style around the mouth area.

What to wear: this look would look great paired with a cute black dress, or ripped up white T-shirt with a black cami underneath and leggings.

2. Cheshire Cat

Image Credit: Instagram @deuxbella

For this look: Create a purple eyeshadow look on the eyes with a cat eye eyeliner look. Use the same purple eyeshadow around the face where the stripes will be placed with either purple cream makeup or eyeliner. Then create the nose pattern, accenting around the nostrils with a dark purple. Finally, use black and white cream makeup to finish the look with the large set of teeth.

What to wear: Pair this idea with cat ears and a striped T-shirt with black leggings. To make it look like you have paws, white gloves would work well.

3. The Clown

Image Credit: Instagram @andreyhaseraphin

For this look: Use either purple or red for the lips. Then create the triangles around the eyes with accents at each tip and black eyeshadow. Create a black tip nose, and outline your lipstick.

What to wear: I really like the flannel idea to match the color lipstick chosen, but if that’s not available to you, just wear plain clothing and pair with a set of sexy heels.

4. Scarecrow

For this look: Create a flower pattern around the nose and eye. Then use black makeup around the mouth to make it look like stitches in a scarecrow. Use the eyeshadow that you find appropriate for the eye!

What to wear: Last year when I dressed up like a scarecrow I had a cute pair of overalls that came into shorts at the bottom. I wore a white shirt underneath, white sneakers, and yellow leaves in my hair.

5. Spider Queen

Image Credit: Pinterest

For this look: Create the web pattern around one eye, and then also create the web pattern around the face. This is a really easy way to look great for Halloween!

What to wear: Pair this look with anything black. If you want to be extra, then you could buy some fake spider web from the store and put it in your hair.

6. Cracked Barbie Doll

Image Credit: Instagram @xtianaland

For this look: Wear pink eyeshadow and lipstick. Then create a crack beginning at the forehead and traveling down to beneath the eyes. To make it look more realistic, use boxy hand motions and outline with white.

What to wear:  This would be a great idea to wear with a long white T-shirt you can spray paint pink with Barbie on the front. Then make sure to wear a pair of heels, because that is a requirement.

Well, there you have it! Six ideas to really put together a fantastic costume this Halloween season.

The best part about these Halloween spoofs is that it is a cheap and easy way for college students to create a cute yet cost effective outfit! My favorite part about these makeup tutorials is that they are a tad scary, but are also really pretty for a Halloween party or dance.

HCXO,

Allie

Allie Richter

St Vincent '20

Just taking this life day by day. Staying positive and making the most out of what has been placed in this life. Growl Meow • SVC’20 Math Ed Major Special Ed Minor Emotional Supporter