Registration As Told By ‘Gilmore Girls’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

There is so much excitement when the list of courses for next semester comes out on the portal.

You realize that classes you need are not offered every semester and then you have to try to figure out what the best option is.

You to configure a schedule that works without overlapping and the stress sets in.

You talk to your advisor to set up a meeting to make sure everything will run smoothly and you are still on the right track to graduate.

But, you end up leaving more confused than before you walked in because the class you want to take “may not be the best idea.”

The next step is to decide where the best place to schedule on campus is since your class has to schedule at the same time.

Deciding that you are too lazy and the best place is probably your room.

You spend the last moments making sure your wifi is working and all of your classes are in your “bucket.”

You contemplate if you should hit the button at 11:59, 12:00, or 12:01 because you have heard that each is the “right” way.

You try to sit patiently and end up hitting the button at a random time.

Like always, you get an error.

You have to hit the button again after realizing that everything is going wrong.

And the moment comes when you get the email that your classes were registered.

Except the class that you really need is full and was not in said email.

You move as quickly as you can to get on the waitlist and schedule your replacement just in case you cannot get your first choice.

And just like that, it is all over and you are done feeling like a winner for merely surviving it whether or not you got all of the classes you wanted.

Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio