This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Fall and I have always had a love/hate relationship. The good days are great and the bad days are nightmares. Like any other relationship, I cherish the beautiful things like the magnificently colored leaves, pumpkin flavored everything, adorable outfits and scary movie nights. However, Fall and I always seem to have our battles. Whenever Summer and I decide to take a break and Fall decides to come back into my life, I always seem to have a tough time adjusting. Different things like harder classes, new jobs, fresh people popping into my life and old people dropping out; If I can put it into simpler terms, my life just keeps changing.

October 3rd always reminds me of my ex-boyfriend because that was the day he asked me out in like the 9th grade. Around the second week of fall is when I find out I actually get super homesick and I realize I am reaching for my phone any chance I get to call family and friends from my little town with a silly same (Seward for those of you who were wondering). And the funny thing is, you can ask any of my friends and they will most likely tell you I am loud and rambunctious and a true extrovert. But lately, I find myself bottled up in my room for hours on end and enjoying my alone time. Fall seems to change who I am to the core. Someday’s my schoolwork is way too difficult for me to even attempt so I give up. Other days I look in the mirror and realize my once not-so-flat-tummy is becoming even more not-so-flat. I keep myself awake at night going over in my head to do more fun things, to try to get Dean’s List again, to make sure I make everyone else in my life happy.

When I am done going over how everything in my life seems to be falling apart, I think of Him. He brought Fall to me. Whenever I think that all of these struggles are too much for me to handle, I read this: 1 Corinthians 10:13, No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Nothing in our lives is too great of a weight to carry. Half of the time we find ourselves worrying about the most bizarre, little, and unimportant things. I hate to admit it, but many times during the fall when I get so caught up in everything, I find myself going a few days without talking to God. I find on the days that I do pray, are the days that my relationship with Fall and everything that comes with it are the good days. If we would all just take a minute when we are brushing our teeth in the morning or when we are just about to fall asleep to speak to Him about literally anything, I think we would all find that He carries our weight for us.

Fall, in my opinion, is the greatest time of the year. Sure there are many new things that come out of nowhere and a week goes by faster than we can imagine, but I still find it absolutely amazing what God has provided for us. We should definitely not be stressing over our first midterms to the point of tears and illness (did I forget to mention I have been terribly sick for a week and a half?), or trying to make others happy while we hide behind fake smiles and insincere laughs. Rather, we should be celebrating the gift that God has given us and lay our worries down because He will pick them up for us. Fall and I still have some issues to work out, but I think our relationship will be pretty stable from now on, (that is until winter comes back to town).

HCXO,

Alaina 

Junior Business Education Information Technology Major Carecats Treasurer Seward, PA Lover of adventures, sunsets, and breakfast food
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!