Life > Experiences

To My Past, Present, and Future Friends:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

To my dearest past friends: Thank you for the years we had together. Thank you to my very first best friend when I was young for showing me the innocence in our young friendship. Thank you for being the first person to accept me outside my family, and I’m sorry we drifted apart as we got older. Thank you to my past friends that became family. I know we have drifted in the recent years, but I thank you for your friendship. Thank you for always having my back and for teaching me how to be an amazing friend. Thank you for always having been there for me when I needed you most. Most importantly thank you for not always being your best. Those times taught me the biggest life lessons about how I want to be treated and to never accept less than that. I truly thank you for that, it helped me grow, mature and mold me into the woman I am today. Thank you for the memories and the lessons, I love you.

Image Credit: Pinterest

To my present friends: Let me begin with I love you. I truly believe that your friendships have had the biggest impact on my life so far. Moving away from home was terrifying… until it wasn’t thanks to you. You have been there for me through the struggles and helped me through the transition from a simple high schooler to a more outgoing and risk-taking college student. Thank you for being a huge part of my support system. Thank you for the lessons you teach me now. Thank you for showing me that I can do anything as long as I try and put my mind to it. I’m so grateful for your friendships. Thank you for not being perfect because I don’t expect you to be and thank you for not expecting me to be perfect either because Lord knows I’m far from it. You’re the definition of real friends. You’ve set the bar for what I’ll expect from future friendships really high, and I thank you for that also.

Image Credit: Pinterest 

To the friends I don’t yet know: I hope you meet me when I am at a wonderful point in my life. But we all know how God works in mysterious ways, so I know you will come into my life when you are meant to and when I need you. I can’t wait to meet you and begin that chapter of our lives. 

Love always,

Julia

I'm just a girl from a small town in Massachusetts with a handful of dreams and the intent on making them come true.