This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Throughout the seasons, we change our skin care routine to match the weather conditions. In the summer we combat sweat and oil. For winter we double on the moisturizer. Fall and spring are a roller coaster of temperatures that you have to have multiple products. One product that works for all seasons is micellar water. Micellar water is a simple way to keep skin clean and oil free without stripping away any moisture. Five uses are listed below along with some brands of micellar water.

Cleanser

• Micellar is a lightweight formula that doesn’t strip skin while removing dirt and oil from pores. No rinsing required! Just use a cotton pad and dab lightly all over the face and neck.

Toner

• Since micellar water is used to draw out dirt and oil, it can be used after face washing as an all over toner. Just use a cotton pad and dab all around the face.

Makeup remover

• When soap and water doesn’t remove all of your mascara and eyeliner, micellar water can easily remove even waterproof formulas.

Hydration

• While washing your face can leave you feeling dry in the winter, micellar water is meant to hydrate. No post-face washing moisturizer required.

Cleaning makeup brushes

• Since micellar water is safe to use on the eyes it only makes sense that its safe to clean makeup brushes. Micellar water will pick up oils and leftover makeup clinging to brush fibers.

Favorite Brands

Simple: 

Biore:

Garnier: 

HCXO,

Hannah

Hannah DeBone

St Vincent '20

Hannah DeBone Psychology Major // Sociology, Public Health, Biology Minors Class 2020