nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Look into Maddie Leya’s Semester Abroad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

One of the great opportunities that college has to offer is the chance to travel the world while getting some college credits out of the way. Whether you are taking a class in your major, in a different environment, or taking a history class to learn more about your favorite international city, there are so many ways to gain unique knowledge and experience! While taking classes is mandatory, the memories and the friends that you make will last you a lifetime, as junior Accounting major Maddie Leya, has already experienced in her first month of studying abroad in Rome.

I have asked her a few questions about her experience thus far and of course, asked her to share some of her favorite photos!

SK: Where are you studying abroad this semester, and how long are you in each place?

ML: “I am studying in Rome, Berlin, and London, and I’m spending 6 weeks in each city.”

SK: What has been your favorite part so far?

ML: “My favorite part has definitely been seeing Pope Francis at a Papal Audience, but the places I’ve been able to travel to within Italy such as Verona, Lake Garda, Sorrento, the Amalfi Coast, and Sperlonga is a close second.”

SK: How does it feel to be away from SVC?

ML: “Being away from SVC is a lot harder than I expected. I miss my friends and events such as FOP and the football games, but I am living out my dream of traveling the world, and I couldn’t be happier!”

SK: With a month under your belt, what would you say to someone considering studying abroad?

ML: “Do it. Studying abroad is an opportunity you won’t be able to do once you graduate from college, so don’t hesitate, and take the leap of faith you need to travel the world!  You won’t regret it.

AMAZING! Am I right or am I right?!

SK: Ok, so now for the fun part! What are some of your favorite photos?

So, the moral of the story is basically to never be afraid to follow your dreams or go out of your comfort zone … you won’t regret it! Some of the most beautiful moments in our lives are when we least expect it, so don’t be afraid to go for it!

HCXO,

Sam

Samantha Kenjorski

St Vincent '20

hey there! maryland girl st. vincent college '20 marketing x graphic design