Live Passionately: Inspirational Bible Quotes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Event though the Easter season has come to a close, reflection and contemplation in our own lives is always important. Jesus loved me so much that he died on the cross to save MY sins. A sinner like me was able to become new again, and my life has never been the same. So, today I contemplate whether I am truly living everyday with passion that is seen by others. How can I live my life more passionately? How can I show the world that love is an infectious disease?

1. Be kind.

Image Credit: YouVersion||Bible App

“A new commandment I give you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know you are my disciples, if you have love for one another” – John 13: 34-35

This is much easier said than done. Some days you may feel like pulling someone’s hair out, but will that ever solve anything? Of course not. Sometimes the smallest gestures can make the most difference when you are interacting with other people. Remember someone’s name and talk to them in the hallway, hold the door for people, or even just wave from a distance. I know that these small gestures make a huge difference in my life. I smile when someone else remembers my name or holds the door for me. The most difficult part for me is being the bigger person. Try not to let small disruptions enrage you, even when it really hurts. Maybe that person had a hard day or doesn’t even realize they said anything wrong. Just let it go, and it will make you feel much better rather than taking it out on someone else.

2. Reach others with what you love.

Image Credit: The Word Of The Day Twitter

“He counts the number of stars; He calls them all by name” – Psalm 147:4

Everyone has areas of their lives that are unique and different from the next. Although it is important to realize the similarities, we all have collectively, you can use your unique interests to reach people who are similar to ourselves. Most people try to hide from what makes them different, and I struggle with this myself. We can choose to embrace what makes us different and find others who share the same experiences. Try not to feel embarrassed for who you are, and others will see the beauty that you were born to become. The Lord created us to be special and loves us for who we are all the time. So, we should learn to also love ourselves and share that love to others.

3. Find peace in our beautiful world.

Image Credit: Scoopnest

“But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know the hand of the LORD has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.” – Job 12: 7-10

There is beauty in everything we see, but the Lord made all of it available to us. Everyone can do their own part in making sure that the world continues to stay beautiful. Try to recycle as much as possible, reduce on plastic waste by using your water bottles, and make sure to limit water use when brushing your teeth. Although these are just a few things that you can do, there are many more ways to help reduce waste and keep the earth green. Every once and awhile, take a few minutes to enjoy how beautiful our planet is, and relax.

Jesus is the reason for the season, maybe you should make your own list too on how you can strive to live more passionately. Thank you so much for tuning in and I hope that you had a wonderful and blessed Easter with family and friends!

HCXO,

Allie

Allie Richter

St Vincent '20

Just taking this life day by day. Staying positive and making the most out of what has been placed in this life. Growl Meow • SVC’20 Math Ed Major Special Ed Minor Emotional Supporter