How to Get the Most Out of Your Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Know that feeling you get when you have so much to do, yet so little time to do it? Trust me, we’ve all been there…but, if you’re like me, then you wish that the day came with a manual on how to “do life” that day. Here’s some tips on how to get the most productivity out of your day!

1. Start the day with coffee

You heard it here first, coffee makes the world go round. A lot of times, I feel like a zombie when I haven’t had my first cup of a salted caramel latte; but once I do, I feel nothing short of invincible. Be sure to always start the day with coffee. (See alternative: starting the day with tea, for all of the tea drinkers out there)

2. Set out your clothes the night before

Setting out your clothes the night before saves you time in the morning so that you can give yourself the mental clarity you need to get yourself prepared for the day.

3. Eat a healthy breakfast

Breakfast always energizes me enough to power through until lunch time. Be sure to eat something with lots of fiber to keep you full, with proteins, and fruit! My suggestion is to eat oatmeal and make it fun by adding in slices of your favorite fruit!

4. Play motivating, upbeat music while working

Upbeat music helps keep you focused while working at the pace of the music. Try making a new Spotify playlist as a go-to for when you need to study or simply just for when you need to get your homework done!

5. Take breaks

Breaks are essential to your productivity as ironic as it may be. Taking a few minutes to recharge is always helpful when getting things done. Whether it be taking a quick 15-minute nap or hanging out with your friends, breaks always do the trick to help reduce your stress and help you keep pushing through the day.

6. Make a To-Do list

To-Do lists are an absolute must when it comes to staying organized throughout the day. Be sure to prioritize your day from most important tasks to least important tasks so that if your day isn’t going as planned, it won’t be as much of an issue!

7. End the night with a ritual

I like to end my night with a cup of tea, my cozy blanket, and one Netflix episode or just calming music. This helps me prepare to go to bed and lets me fall asleep feeling in good spirits and calm.

Lisa Mason is currently a Junior Marketing major with a minor in Management. She is a member of Activities Programming Board, Women in Business, Singers, and works as an Admissions Ambassador at Saint Vincent College. Since she has a passion for meeting and helping others; she hopes to use her field of Marketing to become a professor as well as become a Marketing Manager of a firm someday in a major city. You can find her enjoying time with her friends, drinking salted caramel cappuccinos, or blogging. Also, it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world to say that she is a Netflix, caffeine, and retail therapy enthusiast. Follow her on Instagram: masonjar_17 and check out her blog at http://youngandtwenty.blogspot.com/.
Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio