Dear Underclassmen,

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

As my last semester at Saint Vincent is half way over, I can’t help but reflect on my time here. SVC truly is the most wonderful place, and I sincerely hope that you take the time to appreciate the opportunities here. I’m ready to start my life and to finally be an adult, but I know I will miss Saint Vincent tremendously. 

Saint Vincent has given me so many opportunities through not only my academics, but through my personal life as well. I am beyond thankful for the family that I have made here, and as I wrap up my college career, I find myself reflecting on that. 

I know that sometimes the stress of classes or the thought of having a test in a couple days may make you want graduation to come sooner, but don’t wish that time away. These four years are going to be the best four years of your life. Graduation is an amazing accomplishment and you are ultimately here to get to graduation day, but make sure you have some fun too. My number one piece of advice to you is that you take breaks from your school work when possible to hang out with your friends, go to an APB event, or even just sit on one of the comfy chairs in Carey and talk to people. Those are the times that you’ll remember the most. Your school work is very important, but it’s not the most important thing. Twenty years from now, you won’t remember that you had to complete 15 calculus problems for homework or that stayed up all night to study for a biology exam. You’ll remember the nights that you stayed up until 4am laughing with your friends, the typical APB bingos, or even dancing all night at cotillion. Don’t let yourself get lost in your studies. They’re of course important, but it’s also important to live a happy life. 

As my time at SVC dwindles down, I’m especially thankful for the nights that I stayed up late laughing with friends, the times where I laughed so hard that I couldn’t breathe, and the family that I have made here. I hope you all find the same things in the years that you spend at one of the best places in the world. 

HCXO,

Mikayla

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!