This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

How to Create a Playlist for Different Moods

Who doesn’t love a good jam session?! If you are feeling stressed, grab some of your friends and go on a drive or just straight up jam out in your dorm! No judgment here, you are doing it right! Find a playlist on Pandora, Spotify, Apple Music, or create your own for the ultimate jam session with your girls.

Here are some ideas to put together a playlist for everyday emotions:

Stressed: 

When you are stressed there are two extremes: a chill, mellow song to find relaxation or a pump up song you know all the words of to build up some confidence. Maybe some “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey, to get a little bit of both.

Happy: 

Girl, jam out to that favorite song of yours! After receiving a good grade or simply because life is good, you deserve it! Can’t go wrong with “Party in the USA” by Miley Cyrus; embrace your inner singer! Remember, a girl’s best feature is a smile!

Sad: 

Now this is tricky because sometimes a girl just needs a good cry, but doesn’t a happy song make you feel better? No matter how you cope with sadness, find that song that comforts you and put that on repeat! Never let anyone be sad alone, a good cry sesh with some comfort food and music will instantly put you in that good mood. 

In Love:

Just can’t help that hopeless romantic side inside of you? Find your favorite love song and fall deep into the happiness of each beat! Or you know, if your love life is troubling you, a good jam to “Best Love Song” by T-pain and Chris Brown wouldn’t hurt . . .

Relaxation:

Ah, the best feeling but the hardest to maintain. Take a study break (or don’t) and find a chill playlist to make the homework a little less overbearing. Allow yourself time to relax and rewind, that in itself will help you. Of course, the first mellow voice that comes to mind is John Mayer. Literally any song by him will help achieve ultimate relaxation and Zen. The world needs a little more of that.

Tip: The best jam and stress-relieving sessions happen when driving with the windows with your girls singing along with you. If you get a chance, get off campus and enjoy those beautiful mountain views! If you can’t, take a nice walk with a speaker blaring; that will work too!

So, what’s on your playlist??

Rock on!

HCXO

Samantha Kenjorski

St Vincent '20

hey there! maryland girl saint vincent college '20 marketing x graphic design
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!