This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

This week we decided to interview our own Campus Correspondent, Kaura Bassegio. Here’s a taste of how Kaura stumbled upon Her Campus and some interesting facts that some would not know about her!

Enjoy!

-Abbey & Emily

Name: Kaura Bassegio          

Hometown: North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

Year: Junior

Major: Marketing

Birthday: 11/28/1994

Favorite TV Show: Scandal

Her Campus (HC): What made you choose to come Saint Vincent College?

Kaura Bassegio (KB): “To be honest, I was a little hesitant about coming to St. Vincent but I knew I wanted to major in marketing and I loved the McKenna School. So it seemed like a good fit.”

HC: What is your favorite thing about Saint Vincent?

KB: “I actually love how small it is. It is nice to have a relationship with my professors and also with a lot of people on campus.”

HC: How did you hear about HerCampus?

KB: “I am obsessed with Carly Heitlinger (College Prepster) and I read one of her blog posts about speaking in front of Her Campus and her experience with the brand. I kind of just stumbled upon it.”

HC: What made you want to start it at SVC?

KB: “I love writing and I also love writing about things that relate to my life and so many others lives. I thought it would be a great thing for not only myself but for women at St. Vincent to be a part of.”

HC: What’s your secret to finding the perfect topic to write about for a feature or blog article?

KB: “I don’t really have a method. Sometimes I will think of something in class and write it down or I will force myself to sit at my computer and hope that something ends up on my word document.”

HC: What was your favorite item in the Finals Survival Kit from HerCampus?

KB: “Because I am the campus correspondent, I was able to have the Vera Bradley blanket that was sent. I love the pattern and it is amazingly soft.”

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

KB: “Harry Styles, Justin Bieber, Niall Horan, Channing Tatum… I can’t pick just one.”

HC: If you could be a character in any movie, who would you be?

KB: “Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s.”

HC: What is your favorite holiday?

KB: “Definitely Christmas.”

HC: What is your favorite store to shop at in the mall?

KB: “Window shop? Madewell. But I do love Gap.”

HC: What do you want to do in the future/what is your dream job?

KB: “My dream is to move to New York City and be either a buyer or merchandiser for a fashion company.”

My name is Abbey Trusky from Pittsburgh, PA. I am currently a Junior Marketing major at Saint Vincent College.
Emily Samara

St Vincent

My name is Emily Samara from born and raised in Maryland. I am a junior psychology major at Saint Vincent college. This is my 3rd season of collegiate volleyball and I love it! I grew up loving to write, short stories and poems and attempted to write books. I cannot wait to participate in Her Campus I think this is a really cool way to see what's new on your campus and other schools campuses!
Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio