This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name: Alexa Yaksich

Hometown: Fox Chapel, Pennsylvania

Year: Senior

Major: Communication

Minor: Marketing

Birthday: 11/5/1994

Her Campus (HC): What made you choose Saint Vincent?

Alexa Yaksich (AY): “Closeness to home, I got a lot of scholarship funding and I really liked the Communication Program.”

HC: What’s your favorite thing about Saint Vincent?

AY: “I’d say my group of friends and the Communication Department, they’re like my life.”

HC: What is MAD COMM?

AY: “It is the Communication and Marketing Club on campus, to show students what they can do with their degree after college.”

HC: What made you want to get involved with MAD COMM?

AY: “I think it’s a good resume booster, I really liked the events they planned freshman year. I applied to be an officer after my freshman year.”

HC: What role do you play in the club?

AY: “I’m the secretary.”

HC: What was the biggest event the club has held this Fall Semester?

AY: “We held a Sports Panel. I wrote letters in the summer to various professionals in the sports industry and I heard back from a few. We were in contact through the semester and we picked a date where they could come and speak to Saint Vincent students about their jobs and how they got there.”

HC: What can club members and other students look forward to for the Spring Semester?

AY: “Our elections for the new officers are right before Winter Break, so as of now the current officers will just be guiding the new officers next semester and helping them out to plan events.”

HC: What is your favorite part about being in the club?

AY: “I like the general planning of events because I would like to go into event planning after graduation. Also, being apart of this club gives me a lot of experience and allows me to meet a lot of professionals in this field.”

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

AY: “Michael Ealy.”

HC: What’s your favorite food on Thanksgiving?

AY: “Mashed potatoes and gravy.”

My name is Abbey Trusky from Pittsburgh, PA. I am currently a Junior Marketing major at Saint Vincent College.
Emily Samara

St Vincent

My name is Emily Samara from born and raised in Maryland. I am a junior psychology major at Saint Vincent college. This is my 3rd season of collegiate volleyball and I love it! I grew up loving to write, short stories and poems and attempted to write books. I cannot wait to participate in Her Campus I think this is a really cool way to see what's new on your campus and other schools campuses!
Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio