Alex Piampiano: A Girl of Many Talents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Name: Alex Piampiano

Hometown: Collierville, Tennessee and Rochester, NY

Year: Junior

Major(s): Biology and Psychology

Her Campus (HC): Hey Alex! Her Campus would love to get to know you. To start off, can you tell us why you chose Saint Vincent?

Alex Piampiano (AP): I chose Saint Vincent because I got recruited here for soccer. I also was attracted to the science academic programs. Plus, everyone was so friendly and it felt like home! 

HC: If you could use one word to describe college for you this far, what would it be and why?

AP: Busy. I try to make the best and most of my time here, so I’m definitely not complaining. I keep my self busy being a two-sport athlete and also double major but I make sure there’s time for my friends, and having fun. 

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world for just one day, where would it be?

AP: Hmm, I think it would be Alaska. Even though I’m a native of New York, aka the east coast Canada, I’m not a fan of the cold weather. Alaska looks beautiful, and would be really cool to see! 

HC: Where should your boyfriend take you for the perfect date?

AP: We both really love diners. It’s always fun to go on a drive to some cute, old, middle of nowhere place. You luck out with some good stories and good food, too! 

HC: What has been your favorite job so far?

AP: It would definitely be coaching. It was by far my favorite because it combines the sport that I’ve played since I was three (soccer), and allows me to pass on the love of the game through the same programs I went through. I always enjoyed seeing kids’ faces light up when they mastered a new trick. 

HC: E-mail or text message?

AP: Text message. As much as I am forced to e-mail being a college student, I much prefer text. It’s faster, and there’s emojis! 

HC: What’s your favorite app?

AP: Definitely snapchat!! I love to draw on pictures I take. I even have a whole album on Facebook called “Differential Snapchat 101” with all of my creations, you should check it out ;). I once turned my friend into a cow, and then Winnie the Pooh. 

Make sure you check Alex out on the soccer field in the fall or at the lacrosse games in the spring! 

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!