10 Times You Realized That You’re a Broke College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

1. You don’t know how much you spent lately.. but you know it’s A LOT.

2. So, you put off checking your bank account…

3. But, when you do decide to there is roughly… $18.75 available.

4. So, you decide to live off nothing but the land, which in other words means (The Caf or Shack).

5. And continuously check on when’s the next time you’re getting a paycheck.

6. Then, you begin to panic thinking about how you’re going to pay for things when you’re a “real person”.

7. When someone suggests going to a fancy restaurant and you’re like…

8. You overreact just a tad when they say there’s going to be free samples/food.

9. When you see the most beautiful piece of clothing in the window then realize it’s over $22.75… like way, way over $22.75 and you suddenly feel like a piece of you has died.

10. When you feel like payday is basically just Christmas’ equivalent. 

Lisa Mason is currently a Junior Marketing major with a minor in Management. She is a member of Activities Programming Board, Women in Business, Singers, and works as an Admissions Ambassador at Saint Vincent College. Since she has a passion for meeting and helping others; she hopes to use her field of Marketing to become a professor as well as become a Marketing Manager of a firm someday in a major city. You can find her enjoying time with her friends, drinking salted caramel cappuccinos, or blogging. Also, it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world to say that she is a Netflix, caffeine, and retail therapy enthusiast. Follow her on Instagram: masonjar_17 and check out her blog at http://youngandtwenty.blogspot.com/.
Kaura Bassegio is a Saint Vincent College Alumna with a degree in marketing. As founder and former President of the St. Vincent chapter, Kaura worked on pitching ideas, editing, and leading a large team of women. Throughout her years at Saint Vincent, Kaura worked in the retail industry where she received her internship at American Eagle Outfitters. Now that she is a college graduate, Kaura will be focused on family, friends, and most importantly, finding a job! She is interested in fashion and her dream is to live and work in New York City. Follow her on Instagram: kauralbassegio