This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Meet Vera Lochtefeld, class of 2016!

Major(s): Philosophy and Classical Studies

1. Where are you living this year? Ytterboe pod

2. Have you studied abroad at St. Olaf? Yes, I spent last semester in Morocco.

3. What was the most valuable lesson you learned while studying in Morocco? The train will always arrive. Even if it’s hours late, it will eventually come in. In other words, patience is a virtue.

4. What was your favorite place you visited while abroad? I spent a day hiking a pass in the Atlas mountains, which culminated in swimming in a pool at the foot of three waterfalls. The views were incredible.

5. What are your plans for post-graduation? Foreign aid and diplomatic work

6. What has been your favorite class at St. Olaf and why? Philosophy of Space and Time. It was an interim class, so I had the opportunity to spend a month thinking about really interesting things without the pressure of a normal semester.

7. If you could be best friends with any Olaf professor, who would it be and why? Jason Ripley, because he’s the kind of person who, no matter what he is working on, will set things aside to speak with you about your day.

8. Where is your favorite place on campus? Philosophy Lounge

9. What do you think you’ll remember most about St. Olaf? My fantastic classes! I’ve loved being surrounded by stimulating conversation for the past three years, and being able to tackle tough topics with truly intelligent people.

10. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? Polylingyalism: the ability to speak many (maybe even all!) languages.