toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

StoLife: Must-Rewatch Halloween Disney Classics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Not the party or costume type? Another option for this “holiday season” is to sit around, eat Halloween candy and pumpkin-flavored things and watch Halloween movies that you forgot about. Disney harbors some great classics in the Halloween drama. Check them out this weekend if you want to get in the spirit without having to dress up! 

1. Hocus Pocus

Little girl moves to Salem, MA in present day. She encounters these three sassy witches who are kind of like the three stooges, but spooky. I’ll admit, this movie actually scared me when I was younger. Now it’s just a wonderfully cheesy Halloween classic to revisit.  

2. Halloweentown

How can you forget this magic Grandma and the giant pumpkin? This movie involves horrible monster costuming and too many sequels, but I will admit that I already made it an annual tradition to watch all of them during this time of year.  

3. Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire

The suspense in this movie is unbeatable. Watch two little kids try to convince their mom that she’s dating a dangerous vampire. Important and exciting to note: this is a part of the pre-Twilight vampire genre. 

4. Twitches

Tia and Tamara Mowry join together as one of my favorite on screen duos and make everyone wish they had magic powers. Again, so many sequels. Would recommend ALL. 

Do any of these spark up memories for you? If not, I’d still recommend a trip to the millennium and 90s era of spooky pre-teen dramas. Totally worth it.  

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! 

Images: Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus , VAMPIRE, Sister sister