This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

If you’re reading this, you are either done with finals or really close! Congratulations on all of the hard work, and I hope you make it to your winter break destination safely. Oftentimes after a rough finals week, winter break solely consists of catching up on sleep. This is great, of course, but this is also an awesome time to catch up on other things. Take a few ideas from these lists onto your couch at home, and make this break an interesting one!

Catch up on reading. Whether it’s the news, the latest novel by Gillian Flynn (author of Gone Girl) or your favorite magazine, read something that isn’t a rental textbook.

Get the dose of animals that you’re deprived of at college. Go to the local animal shelter, give your pets some love and get all of the furry cuddles you possibly can.

Watch your favorite Christmas classics on the couch with hot cocoa and fall asleep thirty minutes in. Plan this out.

Do some academic planning (lol ew). Spruce up your resume, contact potential summer internship programs or plan out the classes you have to take to finish your major in two more semesters (eek).

Clean out your room and closet and donate all of the things that don’t bring you joy. Decluttering is one of the best feelings, and the holiday season is a great time to give.

Snow stuff. Snowman. Snowball fight. Sledding. Watching the snow from your window while doing the hot cocoa and Christmas movie thing. If we even have snow. 

Catch up with people. Family members, friends from high school, your pets again. Enjoy socializing while it doesn’t feel like strictly a study break.

Cut your hair, get your nails done, take a long bath. Treat yourself to self-care luxuries that your dorm bathroom or busy schedule doesn’t allow.

If none of these sound interesting to you, it may be because it’s my own personal Christmas break bucket list. You could make one that is more tailored to your interests if you want to do more than sleep, too. I may just sleep.

Images: Smart bulldog, Kittiez, Grinch, Hire me plz, Do it, me, friends, woof