This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

In celebration of Women’s History Month, International Women’s Day and all those who fight to deconstruct gender inequality, I present to you feminism in media form. In our age of technology, many social justice movements are advanced and expressed through media and public advertisements. Additionally, YouTube and other vlog/blog sites are generally great places for men, women and gender-nonconforming humans to share their inspiring, unique or troubling views of society. While some forms of opinionated expression on the internet can be hurtful or dangerous, I am selecting some of the most inspiring, awesome, empowering feminist mediums that will make your day.  

LACI GREEN 

Laci Green is a sex education activist who has her own channel on YouTube called Sex+: a frank video series about sexuality with Laci Green. Here you can find hundreds of videos concerning self-esteem, sexuality, feminism, LGBTQ rights and issues and relationships.  Her attitude is refreshing and approachable, and her videos are backed by a lot of evidence and academia. Needless to say, Laci Green is awesome and worth spending hours procrastinating over. This video is a good starter for potential Sex + fans.  

CAROLINE ROTHSTEIN

Writer, spoken word performer and body empowerment activist Caroline Rothstein blows viewers away with her personal story about body image. While her story is personal, it becomes public when the viewer realizes that her problems are not unique.  Millions of humans feel inadequately size and “feel fat,” even though Rothstein convinces me that fat is not a feeling. Check out www.carolinerothstein.com or this link for more of her inspiring work.

ANITA SARKEESIAN

Anita is a well-known feminist public speaker and media activist. Her YouTube channel, Feminist Frequency, is filled with commentaries of gendered behaviors, products and presentations in our daily lives.  She exposes unnecessarily gendered aspects of our daily lives that may surprise you. Though Sarkeesian has received some negative feedback recently, she still teaches and preaches important messages that are worth checking out.  

Definition of Feminist