StO-Style: Inexpensive Options for Prez Ball

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hello fashionistas!

President’s Ball is just around the corner, which means we get to enjoy catchy music, fun dancing, good company and classy fashion! What could be better? Being the fashionista you are, you will want to look stunning at Prez Ball without spending a lot of money. However, finding the perfect inexpensive dress can be difficult. But I’m here to help! Here is some inspiration for what to wear at Prez Ball this year!

Dresses from Previous Dances:

A great inexpensive option for Prez Ball is to wear dresses from old high school dances. Try old dresses from Homecomings, Proms, or other dances. You probably paid quite a bit for those dresses, so it’s nice to be able to use them more than once! Take advantage of being able to dress-up for this event! When else will you be able to re-wear your favorite Prom/Homecoming dress? Pick one you feel comfortable in, and you’ll look great! Make the dress feel like new by adding a new flare with heels or flats, bangles or a necklace and a pretty hair-style. 

Dress-Up What You Have:

I’m sure you probably have quite a few dresses hanging in your closet. Next time you look at what you already have, examine them with a critical eye. More than likely, one of those dresses is bound to be dress-up worthy. Imagine the dress with a chunky necklace, statement earrings, and heels. And don’t be afraid to try your imagined outfit on! This is a great time to experiment with all the possibilities your dresses provide. With a LBD, the options are endless. Try dressing-up a little black dress (LBD) with heels and accessories. Even if the silhouette is basic, there are ways to add interest. Or you can try dressing-up a maxi dress if you would prefer a long dress. Add heels, jewelry, and a touch of lip color, and you’ll be ready to hit the dance floor! 

Dress Trade with Friends:

Bring it up to your friends that you want to do a dress trade! Make it a girls’ night and get ready together before the event. Help each other by picking out dresses from different closets. This is a very inexpensive way to find a dress for Prez Ball, and it is basically like you are wearing a new dress! With your friend’s permission, of course, browse through each others closets, try on and experiment with accessories to show your personal style! Chances are, this will not only be a fun way to find a dress, but you are bound to find a new dress that you will look and feel great wearing!

I hope I have inspired you with inexpensive fashion ideas for the President’s Ball coming up on April 26. Try dresses from other dances, dress-up what you have or dress-swap with your friends! Prez Ball is a really fun and memorable event! It is definitely worth it to go and enjoy a fun atmosphere filled with music and dancing. So, I hope you are inspired! Feel and look great this Prez Ball with these dress ideas! 

Stay fashionable, Oles! 

cover, wear again, what you have, dress-swap

Kate Roy is a junior, Psychology and Dance double major at St. Olaf College. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing, editing, and helping her fellow Oles get their voices heard. Kate is involved in CompanyDance, the modern dance company at St. Olaf. In her free time, Kate loves to spend time with friends, listen to music, browse Her Campus, flip through fashion magazines, and eat chocolate.  Kate is a fashionista and has a passion for all things dealing with fashion. She works at Madewell, and enjoys getting experience in the fashion world. Kate headed the Her Campus St. Olaf College style blog, StO-Style (now Snapshot), for the 2013-2014 school year. She loved this position and hopes to continue her fashion writing in the future. Kate is extrememly excited to share the position of Campus Correspondent for the 2014-2015 school year and expand her involvement with St. Olaf's Her Campus Chapter.