This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Officially … warmer weather has arrived. And of course this means a new fashion season! Gingham can be seen in every store, yellow items are flying off the racks and vintage accessories are a hot item. But rather than delving into these trends (you can find that here), let’s discuss some spring classics. 

Sundress

Sundresses come in all shapes and styles. Whether it’s a white one or a floral one, one with sleeves or one with straps, a little more flowy or a little more fitted: you can easily find the right dress for you! Sundresses are such a classic item that they have been recreated into every style and color you please. Keep your eye peeled as you shop, and you are bound to find yourself the perfect spring dress.

Jean Jacket

Jean jackets are an easy piece for any outfit. You can wear them with dresses, a white tee or an elegant tank. They provide the perfect amount of coverage and warmth regarding the spring weather. Since the jackets are made of denim, it can be a bit more difficult to find the perfect fit. But whenever you get the chance, try one on and see if it’s the one for you.

Sun Hat

Spring calls for floppy hats! And don’t worry – anyone can wear a hat; it’s just about finding the perfect one. If you are searching for one for the beach, look for a larger brim. If you are just going for a walk through the park, a firmer brim might be for you. Keep the color light because spring is all about pastels (i.e. keep black for the winter). And remember that any outfit can be completed with the perfect hat!

Wedges

Wedges! The most iconic spring shoe out there. No matter your height or size, a wedge flatters all. And since they come in just about every color and style, it won’t be difficult to find your favorite pair. If you are looking for an everyday style, keep the color neutral and look for a cork wedge. If you are looking for an evening style, go for solid colors that cover the whole shoe. A wedge can play up any outfit.

Now that you have seen the spring classics, it is your turn to go find them in the stores. Maybe you already have a few in your closet, but don’t forget there is always a time to update! Keep things light for the warmer weather ahead. And be sure to mix and match the spring trends with the classics – you’ll be on top of your fashion game!

Happy spring and stay stylish,

XOXO

Photo Cred

Cover Sun Dress Jean Jacket Sun Hat Wedges