This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hi fashionistas! 

We may love to see nominations for the best film of the year, best actor and actress, supporting actor and actress, and so on. But what we are really anxious about is the fashion on the red carpet. 

Here is a re-cap of the stunning looks found on the red carpet from the 2014 Oscars. 

Lupita Nyong’O

This is the dress (and actress) everyone is talking about. Lupita Nyong’O (best supporting actress from “12 Years a Slave”) looked simply gorgeous in this powdery blue Prada dress. She was one of the best-dressed of the red carpet. 

Jennifer Lawrence

As always, Jennifer Lawrence (“American Hustle”) looked amazing in a red Dior Couture gown with a peplum and subtle neckline. Once again, a stunning look this year from Jennifer Lawrence. 

Sandra Bullock

Sandra Bullock (“Gravity”) was absolutely beautiful in her Alexander McQueen gown. The draping and gathering on the side was the perfect figure-enhancer, and the sweet-heart neckline and midnight blue color came together to create the perfect red carpet look. 

[pagebreak]

Amy Adams

Although her dress was simple, it still made a statement. Amy Adams (“American Hustle”) wore a blue, figure-flattering Gucci gown. Sometimes simple and clean is the best way to dress for the red carpet. 

Cate Blanchett

Cate Blanchett’s beige Armani gown was gorgeous on the red carpet. The glittering detailing was flawless, and the color was wonderfully feminine. Simply breath-taking. 

Emma Watson

Once again, Emma Watson looks beautiful. Her shimmery-black and silver Vera Wang dress with a simple silhouette and neckline was one to steal the spotlight. The sheer back was an added element that made the dress even better. 

Angelina Jolie 

Angelina Jolie’s Eli Saab Couture gown was absolutely stunning. The cascading glitter element in a brushed gold was the perfect eye-catching statement. The light fabric and blush tone make the dress delicate and feminine. 

Stay fashionable, Oles!

Cover, Lupita, Jennifer, Sandra, Amy, Cate, Emma, Angelina, Website Reference

Kate Roy is a junior, Psychology and Dance double major at St. Olaf College. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing, editing, and helping her fellow Oles get their voices heard. Kate is involved in CompanyDance, the modern dance company at St. Olaf. In her free time, Kate loves to spend time with friends, listen to music, browse Her Campus, flip through fashion magazines, and eat chocolate.  Kate is a fashionista and has a passion for all things dealing with fashion. She works at Madewell, and enjoys getting experience in the fashion world. Kate headed the Her Campus St. Olaf College style blog, StO-Style (now Snapshot), for the 2013-2014 school year. She loved this position and hopes to continue her fashion writing in the future. Kate is extrememly excited to share the position of Campus Correspondent for the 2014-2015 school year and expand her involvement with St. Olaf's Her Campus Chapter.